Wednesday, March 25, 2015

36 Week Run-Down

There are very few pictures in existence from this pregnancy. I can think of two - one of me in Vegas pushing my kids on a swing, and one of my family at my son's baptism. Other than that, there is no photographic evidence of this pregnancy. Over the weekend I tried having my kids take cell phone photos of me. They were all blurry or shadowed or not actually of me at all. Many of them became pictures of chickens. This is the best one we got. 


image

And that's fine. The proof of the belly is there. I don't care about the quality. We tried. And I didn't have to use up the indescribable amounts of energy it would have required for me to charge the battery on the DSL-R.

(Why are little things so hard when you're pregnant?)

Here is the run-down for how things stand at week 36:

Weight Gain: 19 pounds

Emotions: a complete mess. I cry EVERY.DAY. Multiple times. Sometimes my crying is justified, but sometimes it's totally explainable.

Okay, maybe it's never justified...

Stupid hormones.

Worried about: the behavior of my two-year-old who has completely SNAPPED in the past two weeks. Zoe has turned into a holy terror. Remember two weeks ago when she pouted? That trend has not continued. She is a violent tantrum thrower. A hitter. A biter. A clavicle clawer. A scrape-poop-from-her-bum-and-throw-it-at-you-because-howdareyou-change-her-diaper kind of kid (I'm not even joking).

I...

Have no idea what to do.

I'm also really worried about spring break coming up. I'm not sure how I'm going to have all my kids home and take care of them every minute of every day for a week. When I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I need my kids to go to school!

Preparations: last week I washed all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I brought the swing and car seat up from the basement. I bought some new bottles. I need to pick up a few things from the store (like diapers and those absorbent products that women need for both the upper and lower areas after childbirth...yay...), but we're pretty much ready to welcome our little one.

Sad about: the hospital's visitation policy which won't allow my children to come meet their sister. I understand the reasons for the precautions, but it makes me sad that I won't be able to see my kids while I'm in the hospital. There's a small chance the policy could be lifted by then, but I'm not planning on it.

Craving: biscuits. Weird, right? I mean, not as weird as wanting to drink ham juice or something, but I've never heard anyone say they were craving biscuits.

Sleeping: horribly. My mind races all night, and when I finally doze off, it's time to get up and pee. Then I'm tired and cranky all day.

I've reached the point where I feel like I'm sitting around waiting to have the baby. This happens every pregnancy - I get sick of being pregnant and I become somewhat idle in the last month. Last time, I passed this time by watching Robin Hood. This time I don't yet have anything to occupy my time while I'm being idle. I need a good book series, a TV show, or a vacation.

Something.

It just can't be messy (like a sewing project) or use a lot of energy (like leaving the house).

I guess that rules out a vacation.

2 comments:

BerlyCrow said...

Dibs on some Spring Break days!! Say yes! Say yes!

Unknown said...

Um... I'd probably give away a kidney if Carl's Jr would serve Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits all day right now (I'd need to actually sell the kidney because I'd eat it for Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and 11:00 "Snack" Every.Stinking.Day)