Friday, March 30, 2012

Meeting Sister Wixom

Last night I attended the General Auxiliary Training for primary. Even though these trainings are posted online, I feel like it's a very special opportunity to be taught in such an intimate setting by our Church leaders. I live a short distance from where the action happens, so it is a privilege to be able to attend in person.

As I was getting cozy in my seat in the Assembly Hall at Temple Square, I glanced up and saw Sister Rosemary Wixom walking down the aisle. She stopped to greet some of the women seated in front of me. I, of course, was sneaking candy, and I had the thought, I better not put candy in my mouth in front of Sister Wixom. But knowing that Sister Wixom had no reason to look at me, I stuffed my face full anyway.



Just as the Lifesaver-induced salivating began inside my mouth, Sister Wixom popped right over to me and grabbed my hand. She graciously introduced herself, then she asked me where I was from and in which position I serve in the primary - all while I tried to secretly contain my red drool. She was very kind. And friendly. And skinny.

Just the other day I had a conversation with a friend about how I never approach "famous Church people" in public (I just stare at them from a respectable distance). Now I know why: they will come to me

But only if I have candy.




No comments: