Monday, April 2, 2012

Moments Worth Re-Living

There are two moments of my life that I wish I could re-live over and over again.

One of them is the birth of my daughter. Everything about delivering Daisy was absolutely amazing (except for the part where I passed gas multiple times right as my doctor was getting in position to catch the baby - but we don't talk about that).

And the second?

Is not Nicky's birth.

I love the kid with all my heart, but I never want to go through THAT again.

Instead, my second moment is my the first time I tasted Vanilla Coke.

Ten years ago, I graduated from high school and went on a trip to Las Vegas with three of my closest friends.

scan0035

What do four Mormon girls do on a senior class trip to Las Vegas? 

Drink caffeine, get airbrush tattoos, and jump on the beds in the hotel room, of course.

My littlest friend, Lynsie, was the last of us to turn 18. When she was a kid, her dad made a deal with her that if she didn't drink any caffeine until she was 18, he would buy her a grand piano. Lynsie had followed through diligently, and having turned 18 a few weeks before our trip, decided to enjoy her first caffeinated beverage at the World of Coca-Cola store in Vegas.

To celebrate Lynsie's journey into caffeine-consuming adulthood, we decided to each purchase a drink. Crowded around the beverage cooler, I caught my first glimpse of the new product, Vanilla Coke.

I bought a 20 oz. bottle, and it was love at first sip. It was expertly chilled with the perfect amount of zing. I still remember the feeling of absolute joy that I experienced in that moment.

Vanilla Coke, I want to re-live you!

7 comments:

heidikins said...

My first taste of Coke was at the Coca-Cola factory in Atlanta, GA. I was not all that impressed. I enjoy the vanilla and lime coke flavors, but still don't like the taste of Coke or Diet Coke all that much. I am a sucker for Dr. Pepper though. MmmMMmmMmmMMmMmmmmmm.

xox

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you are the biggest goofball ever..that is why I love you..cute photo of you too.;)

Katie said...

Both GREAT moments to relive. Did she get the piano for real?

Melanie said...

You rebels you!

Jessica said...

Oh this made me smile! I loved that trip! Lets go again:) Hey sorry I missed your last play date. I was feeling very pregnant and not great. Lets get together soon so we can catch up. Oh and I agree with you on the relieving your daughters birth. I could do Jean's again but NOT Grady's. :)

Britt said...

Sadly, Lynsie did NOT get a real grand piano. Her dad bought her a toy one. I guess it's not a good idea to make a $10,000 promise to a child.

The Pink Growl said...

You're too funny! Have you experienced the amazingness of the Coke machine at Firehouse Subs? You can put any flavor in your Coke that you want! It's mind blowing!