Thursday, April 12, 2012

Currently {April 2012 Edition}

Reading: Tinkers  by Paul Harding, but I'm *this close* to giving up on it.


Wondering: why adverbs are so complicated.


Procrastinating: scheduling my root canal. I just can't make the phone call.


Craving: a maple bar from Reams. I like their fluffy frosting. They also have donuts shaped like feet... in case you were in the market for some.


Wanting: $10,000 so I can knock out a wall, repaint my entire house, get all new baseboards, and put in new carpet. 


Wearing: a dress. In fifteen minutes, I'm on my way to a church meeting. 


Needing: a new garbage disposal. The plastic knife that has been holding ours together for the past three months isn't cutting it anymore (ha ha! Cutting...)  Done! The new one arrived via UPS this afternoon, and now it is installed and working like a champ!


Suffering from: a sinus infection.  There is a sneeze stuck in my head somewhere.


Neglecting: the dishes. After weeks of having an overflowing sink, I finally got caught up on dishes two days ago. I had a pot of mashed potatoes that had been sitting on the counter for TWO WEEKS with water in it. When I dumped it out, it smelled like something had crawled in there and died! Now my sink and counters are full all over again. I just can't win.


Loving: having Internet service again. What a wonderful thing!


Excited to: finish planting our garden. We have all of our cold weather crops in, and now we're just waiting for May when we can plant the rest. Squee!


Struggling with: my children's feet. They are so ugly and gross, but the kids won't let me anywhere near them with nail clippers. Nicky's are especially bad. I'm worried that both kids are going to have foot problems from lack of maintenance. 


Splurging on: stain remover, Jet Dry, dryer sheets, toilet paper, and propane. In other words, stuff we've been living without for way too long (we've been using napkins for toilet paper - for reals).

4 comments:

BAK said...

Yay for garbage disposals! What a good day. Sorry about your sinus infection - I hope you feel better soon.

The Pink Growl said...

I'm going to steal this Currently idea from you because I really love it! :)

Brahmin in Boston said...

Can I tell you how much I love you for coming on to Blogger!???

I have been a long time lurker and a big fan of your blog on WordPress. But the posting of the comments was a pain in the tushy.

Yay for blogger! XX

Apryl said...

Hooray for toilet paper, garbage disposals, dryer sheets and INTERNET!!!!!