Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ten Favorite Musical Moments

The other night, Scotty and I watched Mary Poppins with our kids, and we were both really excited for Nicky and Daisy to see "Step In Time." The next day I was still singing "Step In Time," and thinking about how it is one of my favorite musical scenes in a movie. I then started thinking about all of the other musical scenes that I love in films, and I thought I would share some of them with you. 

Here are ten of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. "Step In Time" - Mary Poppins

2. "Trashin' the Camp" - Tarzan
(Don't forget the Phil Collins and NSync version, which is even better!)

3. "Seize the Day" - Newsies
(Follwed by the chorale version)

4. "Good Morning Baltimore" - Hairspray

5. "Cabin Fever" - Muppet Treasure Island

6. "Men in Tights" - Robin Hood: Men in Tights

7. "Goin' Down the Bayou" - 
The Princess and the Frog

8. "Grow Old With You" - The Wedding Singer

9. "So Long Farewell" - The Sound of Music

10. "Johhny B. Goode" - Back to the Future

I could easily pick ten more! Do you have any favorite musical moments?

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I have to agree with you on all of those. Some I wouldn't have even thought of, but seeing them on your list reminded me how much I love them.

Sara said...

Oh, seize the day!! Great one!! Also, grow old with you was my wedding song...love the list :)