Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's almost that time of year when I rant about how much I hate capris (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I've had a hard time blogging lately because I'm not in a very good mood. Blogging and bad moods are a dangerous combination. Every time I try to record my thoughts, I end up writing about something that makes me mad - like going to a restaurant and being served dinner in a basket lined with paper. If I want to eat on paper, I'll go to McDonald's. Give me a stinking plate!

Fact #2: The other day, there was a knock at the door, and I opened it to find this:


Neighbor kid wearing Jason mask and holding knife? Check!

He then informed me that he brought his Michael Myers mask, as well, and that he could wear that one if I wanted. Soon enough he was in my front yard like this:



He ran up and down the sidewalk singing "Party Rock Anthem" while making stabbing motions at cars.

Fact #3: I much prefer Mike Myers to Michael Myers, although it's hard to tell them apart sometimes because they have the same hair color.


Fact #4: I'm in a reading rut. I haven't read a good book for quite some time. Everything I pick up is very so-so, if not entirely disappointing. My hold list is full of potentially decent books, but I'm still at least two weeks out from getting any of them. 

Fact #5: On Monday I called Scotty at work and asked him if we could use my root canal money to go to Disneyland this weekend. He said no. What a party pooper! 

Fact #6: Daily I am grateful that I was raised in the Jonathan Taylor Thomas era instead of the Justin Bieber era.

Fact #7: For the first time since Carrie Underwood, I have somewhat been keeping track of American Idol. One of my favorite contestants is Colton Dixon.


I never recognize the songs that he sings, and overall, his genre of music isn't my favorite, but for some reason, I just really like him. I decided to cast him in the role of Adam in my personal, mental movie version of If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I'm not sure why I am casting If I Stay since I thought it was "just okay," but what's done is done.

Fact #8: I've just reached the point with Daisy where I can no longer make "surprise purchases" while she's with me at the store. Today I bought some snacks for the kids to eat during our Church's General Conference this weekend, thinking that Daisy wouldn't notice if I hid them away for two days. For the past seven hours, she has been begging for her "red drink, crackers, and candy." Sigh. It was convenient while it lasted.

Fact #9: I'm embarrassed to admit that I always fall for at least one April Fools' joke on facebook every year. Last year I totally believed that my sister-in-law was pregnant until I remembered that it was April Fools' Day, and my brother-in-law had a vasectomy a few years ago. Later in the day when my cousin announced that she was pregnant, I was the first to comment in all caps, "APRIL FOOLS!!" Turns out she really was pregnant. There should be a rule about announcing any kind of pregnancy on April 1 - real or fake. Actually, you shouldn't announce a fake pregnancy EVER. It's really not something to joke about! 

Fact #10: Now I'm off to the General Primary Training downtown, and I'm totally sneaking in food.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

What you said about growing up with JTT instead of Bieber? YES. I CONCUR.

Also,I announced my pregnancy to my boss on April Fools Day last year. I didn't really mean to time it that way, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer. Luckily she was super excited and did not think I was fooling her.

Isabel said...

I hope you invited your neighbor over for conference this weekend. Sounds like he could use it.

I used to love capris. No longer. Stacy and Clinton HATE them and say nobody should wear them. A few summers ago I cut off all my capris and sewed a thick hem on them and turned them into THE CUTEST shorts. Seriously, it was awesome.

I told Carrisa I was pregnant with Rerun on Aprils Fools. I specifically waited for that day. It took a full day of texts (and a picture of my belly) to prove it to her.

We're talking of going to California soon. But we can't convince the kids to go to Disneyland. I KNOW! And we don't want to take them if they aren't over the moon about it. It wouldn't be worth the $$. So instead we'll just hang out on the beach. Which is good too. But I'd love it if they were thrilled about Disneyland.

Maybe I should write at my own blog instead of in your comments section.

heidikins said...

I was waiting for a rant about capri's, and I'm glad Isabel left one for me to agree with. :)

I really dislike capri's, and most ankle-cropped pants. They are flattering on about 1.7% of the population, but retail stores lead to believe they are flattering on 98.3% of the population. Not true, retail stores!

(Also, like how my percentages add up to 100? Yep, I can do math on Fridays.)

xox

Amber said...

Ya know what's awful? I'm reading this post while wearing maternity capris because I'm too cheep to buy more maternity pants and the two pairs I own are dirty and I have not motivation to do the laundry.

p.s. I don't understand the beiber fever.

misguided mommy said...

Ooooh I love the new layout way pretty