Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Countdown on a Tuesday

Ten Things I Did Over the Weekend:

1. Took Zoe and Eva to see Bluey on stage

2. Visited the treadmill

3. Went to Costco

4. Played Ark Nova 4 times (lost 3 times)

5. Taught Zoe how to play Savannah Park

6. Went to church

7. Took down the Valentine’s decorations and put up the St. Patrick’s Day decorations 

8. Got my hair trimmed

9. Took Daisy to two thrift stores and came out empty handed!

10. Went to Book Club

Nine Things I Need to Put Away in my Kitchen:

1. Board games

2. The vacuum

3. A 10 lb sack of potatoes

4. A leftover Valentine's decoration 

5. The Instant Pot

6. The electric griddle

7. An open package of Saltines

8. A bag of St. Patrick's Day junk from Hobby Lobby

9. A can of Pam

Eight Things I Ate Over the Weekend:

1. Red Robin

2. Steak

3. Scrambled eggs

4. Sweet potatoes

5. Dove chocolate

6. German pancakes

7. Cereal

8. Stew

For the record, I am fully interested in what people eat. It has never bothered me when people post food photos. Post the food! All the food! Tell me everything! I'm here for you and your food.

Seven Things to Celebrate:

1. I’m 51 days soda sober

2. The chickens have started laying eggs again (we give them a break during the winter)

3. Scotty fixed our broken air fryer (he took it apart and found the reset button)

4. I have studied the scriptures every day this year so far (I know a lot of people live this way, but I don't. This is a huge triumph for me)

6. My new dishwasher is still bringing me joy (in fact, I have a nasty load in there right now that I'm so excited to examine post-wash)

7. When I need something from the store, I can send Nicky (this just occurred to me yesterday when I had a few things I needed for dinner and was dreading going to the store)

Six Things I Don’t Want to Do:

1. Refill my salt shaker

2. Go to the dermatologist 

3. Clean… anything…

4. Go to Young Women

5. Be a parent

Five Sounds I Don't Like:

1. Anything coming from someone else's phone

2. The traditional alarm clock sound

3. Repetitive tapping noises

4. Hiccups

5. The beat of David Guetta's "Titanium" (Does this song bother anyone else's ears? I have to change the station anytime it comes on because the pulsing legitimately causes discomfort in my inner ear).


Four Things I Don't Prefer in Books:

1. Retellings

2. Lengthy scenes spent on ships or boats

3. Magical realism

4. Mythology

Three Things I’d Wish for if I Found a Genie Today:

1. Energy

2. Perfect hair

3. Zoe and Eva’s room to clean itself

Two Things Social Media Keeps Showing Me:

1. Hairless cats

2. Girls making fun of early 2000’s trends and basically every other thing about my life 

One Thing I wish Everyone Would Do:

1. Stop at red lights

I was so sad this show got canceled (The Time Traveler's Wife on HBO)




No comments: