Tuesday, January 11, 2022

I Can't Sing and Type at the Same Time (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Omicron has taken over. 

All the people have it. 

All the friends have it. 

Mask mandate. 

So on and so forth. 

Fact #2: Nicky got his learner permit last week. I'm excited for him to be able to drive, but I don't love the part where he needs to learn to drive, and I have to provide some of that education. 


Fact #3: I think Nicky will be a good driver once he learns the ropes. It's just those initial moments behind the wheel that terrify me. Yesterday I let him drive home from school, and I realized just how much he needs to learn (like how to go through a dip without taking a nosedive).

Fact #4: Over the weekend, Eva crashed her bike and sliced her chin open. We took her to the ER for stitches and an x-ray on her finger (not broken, fortunately). We broke a two-year streak of no ER visits! Our last trip to the ER was when Zoe's tonsils hemorrhaged in December 2019. In 2018, we had 7 ER visits, so I feel like we deserved the break. 

Eva's x-ray

Getting x-rays (first timer)

Eva's finger in question

Chin slice

Fact #5: Eva and Zoe have been super contentious this week. Eva was jealous that Zoe got teeth pulled, and Zoe was jealous that Eva got stitches. 


Fact #6: As of yesterday, all the Christmas decorations are officially stowed away. 

I think...

Fact #7: I've been living it up with all my free birthday perks. 

Free dessert at Moochie's + a $5 credit for signing up for their rewards program

Free charburger at The Habit

Free sandwich at Chick-Fil-A

Free 8" sandwich at Jimmy Johns

Not pictured: free meal at Tucano's and $5 off at Cafe Rio. 

I missed $5 at Menchies and free apple pie at McDonald's because I was too busy enjoying other things (and apple pie? Meh).

I still have $10 in Kohl's cash and a free glazed dozen at Krispy Kreme to redeem. 

It's hard work.

Fact #8: A while ago I mentioned that my friend Christie was going to be featured on an episode of Random Acts on BYUTV. Her episode aired last week, and you can watch it here

Fact #9: During these almost-two years of a pandemic, it's become a habit to play "What's The Store Out of Today?" As you have probably experienced yourself, it's nearly impossible to check everything off your grocery list these days. The results of the game this week have been:

Store trip #1: no cucumbers, no broccoli

Store trip #2: no chicken breasts

It's always good fun. 

Fact #10: Next week is Blue Monday - the most depressing day of the year, according to pseudoscience. It's also Martin Luther King Jr. Day. How are you planning to celebrate? 

My kids are out of school Friday and Monday, and I haven't even recovered from Thanksgiving break yet, not to mention the 16 days they were home for Christmas. 




1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

I can't with the teaching how to drive... I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to get Pais to the point where it's safe to put her on the road solo. It seems impossible.

I love the habit. I could eat it everyday.

Our store was out of cookie butter... Oh for shame, how can I go on living?!?

We got the same four day weekend coming up... Next year let's coordinate this for an Airbnb half way to game away the blues!!!