Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I'm Counting Down to Lunch (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Now that I'm no longer doing a writing challenge, I've kind of forgotten how to blog.

Fact #2: I've also been doing a lot of personal journaling for the past few weeks, so that is where my "writing time" is going. I'm trying to work through some stuff I'm struggling with, and journaling has always been a good outlet for that.

Fact #3: I just got back from the store, and now I'm suffering from some mega grocery store fatigue. Why is it so exhausting? I still have several items I haven't put away, but I had to take a minute to sit down and recover.


Fact #4: I actually really love grocery shopping. I enjoy meal planning, making a list, and going to the store to get what I need (without children). But I hate coming home and carrying everything in the house and putting it away. If I ever have a Sue, that will be part of her responsibilities.



Fact #5: As you may recall, I am the primary music leader at Church (that means I am responsible for teaching music to the children, which I am very qualified for (Ha!)). We have our primary program coming up in a few weeks, so I've had the songs running through my head on repeat. I didn't realize how often I do it until Scotty caught me one day, but I actually walk around my house leading music. This morning I went for a quick walk before I got my kids up for school, and I caught myself leading the music as I strolled around my neighborhood. I don't even know I'm doing it sometimes!

Fact #6: Scotty got the most amazing haircut from Great Clips over the weekend.


When he came home, he didn't know how bad it was because the stylist hadn't shown him the back of his head. When I saw it, I couldn't stop laughing. Then I showed him the photo. I fixed it as best I could, and then I emailed the photos to Great Clips and said, "Please don't ever let anyone walk out of your store like this again!"

Last night the manager called Scotty and apologized and told him they would like to use his photo for training.

Fact #7: For many years, I cut Scotty's hair to save money, but we've gotten a little wild and spendy lately (and it was nice to pass on that responsibility to someone else), so he has been going to Great Clips with coupons (we're still cheap when it comes to his hair because he has such a simple, basic cut).

I think I'll take the responsibility back now, especially since I have a newly found confidence in my own haircutting ability. I've never cut Scotty's hair that bad! Not even the time I sneezed and took a chunk out of his head!

Fact #8: We went to a Halloween party over the weekend, and I don't think Scotty and I will be dressing up again, so here is our obligatory Halloween costume photo:


Fact #9: I hand-painted this amazing piece for Scotty:


Call the Pinterest because I have arrived!

Fact #10: I don't yet feel rested enough from grocery shopping. Imma need another two hours of recovery time. 




1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

My friend sent the following text to her husband the other day:
"It took me two hours to unload groceries - I just needed to tell that to another adult."