Sunday, July 14, 2024

Summer So Far in 12 BeReals

So BeReal…

Love it or hate it, BeReal is a pretty fun way to document your life. Sometimes I feel dumb posting (am I too old for this?) but I do it so I can see Nicky’s BeReals (you have to post to see others’ photos - no lurking on BeReal!) But then when I scroll through all of my photos, I am awash with memories. And usually happy ones! 

Here are 12 BeReals from my summer so far:

#1: Work, Work


I’ve still been working about three days a week, but I’ve shifted my schedule. I go in as soon as I wake up (I usually arrive around 6:00 a.m.) and work for about six hours. 

#2: Movies!


I like using summer movies as a way to stay out of the heat. We’ve seen a few… Garfield (dumb), If (okay), A Quiet Place Day One (meh), The Hunger Games, and The Fall Guy (okay). Scotty took the kids to see Inside Out 2 (they loved it).

#3: Churching


I  teach Relief Society every-other month (taught today, in fact), and I’m on the Stake Young Women Camp committee (camp is soon! We are down to our final days to prep!) 

#4: TV 

Daisy got hooked on Lost (this mom’s dream come true!) and we finished it at the beginning of summer. I’ll be honest, there’s been too much TV in our house this summer (and every summer), but oh well. 

#5: Theme Parks


We went to California and hit Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm. We also have season passports to Lagoon.

#6: Tammy


We got to hang out with Tammy, one of Scotty’s vendors from Taiwan. She is the sweetest! We went to dinner with her a few times while she was visiting, and then we took her to the airport when it was time to go home.

#7: Breakdowns


We’ve had to do some work on the Jeep. Two trips to the shop to fix the A/C. Then Scotty had to replace the starter, the ignition switch, the battery, and the alternator. 

#8: Camping


We haven’t camped much this summer (now that we don’t have a campground all to ourselves anymore). But we went camping at Cherry Hill, and we’ve had a few church camps.

#9: Gardening


Truth: our garden sucks this year. We got lots of strawberries, though. Everything else is weak sauce. 

#10: Outside


The summer has been mild temperature wise until this past week. We hit the hundreds. I’m glad it held off til mid-July though. 

#11: Eggs


I love when the chickens are earning their keep. 

#12: Musicals 

Zoe has been doing a summer theatre camp, and her performances started over the weekend. They are doing Honk Jr, which is the story of the ugly duckling. Nicky has been blasting the Music Man all summer because he’ll be auditioning for that as soon as school starts. Then we had the chance to see Six: Teen Edition performed by a new local theatre last week. It was fantastic! Scotty went three times, and the rest of us all went twice.


No comments: