Friday, October 7, 2022

You Win

Last Saturday during General Conference, Elder Uchtdorf announced the new For the Strength of Youth guide. As a parent of teenagers and a leader in the Young Women program, I figured I better get familiar with it promptly. I haven't studied it thoroughly, but I've read through it, and I plan to talk about it a little bit during the lesson I'm teaching this Sunday. I discussed it with a few of the young women at our activity on Wednesday, and I've talked about it with Nicky a bit.

Even though I've only briefly studied it, I have already been blessed by its counsel - particularly by some changes that were made between the new guide and the old one.

Just this week, something came up, and I had to make a parenting decision. Because I had just read the FSY guide, I was able to make that decision easily and confidently. It felt so good to be able to know how to handle the situation, and I am so grateful for everything that fell into place that allowed me to feel the Spirit and be at peace with my decision. 

I don't always like change - in fact, I am one of the few who was really upset when the Church announced the two-hour block, and I've been serving in Young Women for almost a year and still don't know the new theme, but I can definitely be won over by personal experiences. 

So fine, new guidebook. You win.

No comments: