Monday, August 1, 2022

Currently {August 2022 Edition}

 Reading:


I'm about 60% done with this one, and it's not one I openly recommend due to language.

Wearing: a "happy camper" t-shirt and cut off joggers.

Annoyed by: Google telling me I'm out of storage space. I deleted thousands of emails, photos, and documents. My trash folders are empty, and yet, I still have no storage space on my account. Dirty, Google. Dirty. 

Struggling with: the kids. Particularly Eva and Zoe. I've often referred to them as the Tornado Twins, and that name still suits them, however, instead of just destroying everything all the time (which they continue to do), they now have a heavy component of rage included. They are angry, little elves - especially Zoe - and both of them tend to be very rude (to each other, to Scotty and me, and to people outside of our family). We also have major issues with jealousy. I don't know what to do with them. 

Excited for: our upcoming family vacation. Except for the part where I have to take Eva and Zoe out in public. 

Listening to:


Thinking about: ideas for a novel. When the kids go back to school, I want to toy around with some creative writing and just... see. 

Deciding: that now is not the time to go back to work. At the beginning of the school year, I always think about it, but this year I am getting the same feelings as years past... it's not time yet. 

Celebrating: the seven pathetic ears of corn we've harvested from our garden. 



Avoiding: being outside in the heat. This was the hottest July we've ever had on record (from 1875) in Utah.

Building: a baking-themed puzzle I got from the thrift store that I've been working on for almost a whole month. I would include a photo, but that would require me to walk down two sets of stair and then back up two sets of stairs, and I don't wanna. 

Trying: to work on one goal each week for ten weeks in a row. I'm on Week 5.

Watching: So You Think You Can Dance and Seinfeld.

Playing: 



We broke out Thurn and Taxis and Hansa over the weekend for the first time since early 2019. 

Buying: school clothes and Hobby Lobby clearance. 

Clearance plates - I’m in love 

Singing: "Bohemian Rhapsody."

Feeling: tired. I just woke up from a short nap, and my head doesn't feel right. The fluid in my left ear is blocking my hearing, and I have a headache above my left eye. I'm sitting cross-legged on my couch with my laptop in my lap and my head tipped to the side. 

Wanting: socks for all my kids that are one color and have their names on them. 

Cooking: 


As a way to avoid other responsibilities, I doodled my meal plan the other night (partially inspired by my friend Krystle who put me in a doodling mood). Does doodling make me more committed to the meal plan? Time will tell. I've crossed off five meals so far, but I've also been to Del Taco and Crown Burger.

Proud of myself for: not having any soda for a month. 

Sure, my life is meaningless now, but I’m consuming less sugar and caffeine…

Needing: a day in my house without kids so I can get caught up on everything. 

I think this will always be the truest meme that ever was

Regretting: accidentally clipping a pumpkin vine this morning. I was pruning the pumpkins, and I cut the wrong spot. I'm so mad at myself. 

Eating: Korean Tacos from my doodled meal plan. The meat is currently marinating, but I'm a little worried about it because the steak seemed a little fattier than normal, so I'm worried it's going to be chewy and ruin Korean tacos for me forever. 

Thank you for listening to my concerns.  

Missing: Disney's Fast Passes. Remember how they used to be FREE, and everyone could use them? 

Looking forward to: being caught up on laundry. Will it happen this week? Who knows! I love the suspense. 

Wishing: that I never had to read board game rules, and that I could just download the information straight to my brain. I believe this and teleportation will be possible someday, and I can't wait! (I just don't want to be one of the early test subjects). 
Dreading: all the back to school events - picture day, orientation, and back to school night. 

Procrastinating: deciding whether to enroll Zoe in tumbling or not. 

Sick of: my kids (and everyone else's kids) saying, "Your mom!" 

The only time it's funny

Craving: water with pebble ice in a styrofoam cup with a straw. Sorry, Earth. But I promise that when I have such a cup, I reuse it until it starts leaking or breaks. 

Grateful for: two working arms. 



No comments: