Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Things and Snow Decisions

Since the kids will be out of school for 16 days as of Friday, I’ve been trying to get all the Christmas Things done. Today I tried to tie up the loose shopping ends. Black leggings for Zoe? Check. Bike helmet for Nicky? Check. Ice melt for the upcoming snow storm? Not check! 

The store was out! I knew I should have bought it when I saw it. Ugh! And as I type this, the snow’s a fallin’ but no friends are callin’ yoo-hoo. I’m glad for that because its’s 10:22 pm, and I’m laying in bed in my sleep clothes. I don’t own pajamas, and for the sake of not letting the internet know I sleep in my underwear, I’m going to say “sleep clothes” as if I’m a character in a Charles Dickens novel. 

But Britt, what happens if there’s an emergency and you have to run out of your house in the middle of the night in your “sleep clothes?” 

You’ll just have to wait and see, won’t you?

Anyway, back to Christmas Things. Today I finalized the shopping… maybe… I mean, I was pretty much done, but there were a couple of last minute things that needed to be purchased, and Amazon is to the “will deliver after Christmas” phase of December, so I had to go out in public, but don’t worry! I made it home by 10:00 am so I didn’t turn into a werewolf.

(Okay, so werewolf isn’t really the issue. It’s a “Cranky Christmas Beast” that I turn into, but hygienically, it’s pretty similar to werewolf, so I just say “werewolf”). 

One of the Things I need to accomplish before the kids get out of school on Friday is the gift wrapping. Wrapping is fun for, like, the first two presents. After that, it’s a royal pain in the arse. I thought I had a good head start on wrapping. I got a lot done over Thanksgiving weekend. But today, I had just a “few” more things to wrap, and it took three and a half hours! Granted, I did have some disruptions during that time, but still… I don’t feel like I purchased that quantity of Christmas presents! This is a “light” year, and it still took forever!

I’m still recovering from my sinus infection. I didn’t nap or shower the other day like I said I would. Instead I finished a puzzle, cried for an hour because I’m sad I have to leave primary, and binge-watched Miranda (which is supposed to be the show I slept to). I didn’t sleep or shower today either, so I’m really winning over here. 

That reminds me, I should be sleeping RIGHT NOW instead of blogging from my phone in my bed, which is basically the worst way to blog. But the sooner I fall asleep, the faster morning will come, and if morning comes, I’ll have to make “snow decisions,” and that, my friends, is the worst part of snow - having to decide what to do about it. Shovel now or shovel later? Take the kids to school or keep them home? Take the main road or take the back road?

I don’t want to make snow decisions. 

So I’m going to hit publish and read an ebook until I drop my phone on my face. 

No comments: