Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Managing the Monsters

You may recall that a monster was recently unleashed when Scotty and I built some plate racks to hang over the kitchen table. Shall we call it the "Plate Monster?" It's not a very exciting name, but it fits the situation. Anyway, the newly dubbed Plate Monster surfaced, and I have since wanted to buy every plate I see. 

The Plate Monster walked away from these plates at WinCo a few weeks ago and wondered if she would regret it. I ask you... what is a Plate Monster to do? Today I was able to purchase them at 75% off - $1.22 each! A win for the Plate Monster!

(The Plate Monster bought monster plates!)

I've got to get this Monster under control because there are other monsters surfacing now. Like the Christmas Decor Monster who wants to put out the Christmas decorations and the Shopping Monster who is always operating at full force this time of year. 

Combined, the Christmas Decor Monster and the Shopping Monster are dangerous, but adding a Plate Monster into the mix is a whole new beast. Not to mention the love children of the Christmas Decor Monster and the Shopping Monster: the Holiday Candle Monster and the Puzzle Monster. 

Must... buy... all the candles...

Must... buy... all the puzzles...

The Shopping Monster and the Puzzle Monster went
to Hobby Lobby and came back with this

I need Marie Kondo and Dave Ramsey to stage an intervention. 

"Spark joy!"

"Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else!"

I also need to stay home and cancel the WiFi so the Monsters won't be tempted... right after my scented candle order arrives this afternoon. 




No comments: