Monday, September 10, 2018

What's in my Purse

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 10: List every single item in your purse

This prompt came at the perfect time because I needed to clean out my purse and move to a different purse. I'm not a big purse swapper - in fact, I'm not really much of a purse person in general. I mean, I use a purse, but I don't like buying purses, and I don't like owning a lot of them. I usually just stick to one cross-body bag until it dies. But over the summer, I started using a backpack because it was convenient for the activities I was doing. Now that my kids are back in school, my cross-body bag is more convenient, so I'm switching back (plus it's not great going into stores and being treated like a criminal because I'm wearing a backpack - especially a very purse-like, small backpack. The other day, I literally ran away from the Walmart door greeter as she was trying to tell me I couldn't wear a backpack in the store. Sorry, lady. I know you're just doing your job, but anything I can fit in my backpack could also fit in a purse, so I'm not going to take off my backpack for the privilege of shopping at Walmart. If it's really that big of a deal, go ahead and chase me) (she didn't chase me. She just repeatedly yelled, "Ma'am!" at me).

Here is what I found in my backpack:

Purse Contents

My kids' immunization cards
A grocery bag
A receipt (I can't believe there was only one!)
Feminine hygiene products (we're just getting started)
Lip gloss and chapstick
A sucker stick
Pens (my favorite pens - they come from the pediatric dentist)
Highlighter

Purse Contents

Mouth wash (a free sample from Sam's Club)
The squeezy part of the horn from Eva's bike
More feminine hygiene products
Stray change
Elastic and bobby pins

Purse Contents

My wallet
A stray dollar (score!)
A coin purse
Gum
Sharpie
Lip gloss
More feminine hygiene products*
Advil PM (another free sample from Sam's Club)
Keys
Flosser
Cafe Rio mint
Lotion
Earrings
Quarter
Hand sanitizer
Daughter's hair band
Hand of three-year-old trying to steal stuff (not an actual purse content)

I managed to do this activity while my purse was relatively clean. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't need to be there, but it's mild compared to what I normally have in my purse. On another day, you might be more entertained by my purse contents. Last week I found a rotten clementine in there. Once in high school I cleaned out my purse and found an egg roll. After twenty years of finding old food in my purse, you'd think I'd stop putting it there.

*I recently had an IUD removed which caused me to return to "womanhood." I hate it!! Absolutely hate it! I don't remember how to deal with this stuff, so I compensate by shoving handfuls of pads and tampons in all my bags. Then my kids find them and use them like Lincoln logs while we wait in doctor's offices. 

No comments: