Sunday, September 16, 2018

What's Clean

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 16: Something Clean


Clean

I almost skipped today's prompt because nothing in my life is ever clean. 

Last night, Scotty and I got our kitchen and living room cleaned, and then we turned on a movie for the kids. By the time the movie was done, the house was trashed. I'm convinced that my kids could hold perfectly still and still manage to destroy my house in under ten minutes. 

I cleaned it all up before church this morning, and by the time we left, it was all destroyed again.

Then I cleaned it after church, and sure enough, it was a mess again by the time Scotty got home from his meetings.

I found this one spot in the kitchen that kind of stayed clean, though, because A) we ate entirely from paper products today and B) if I squat down just so you can't see the Rubbermaid containers in my sink.

So this is it.

This is what's clean. 

Now excuse me while I go stand guard, cause once someone notices this part of the house, an ice cream bomb will go off or something. 

No comments: