Saturday, September 22, 2018

In Which the Crazy Creeps In

For the month of September, I am using prompts from a project called 30 Days Hath September. Each day has a prompt for something to capture, something to collect, and something to record. The prompts are for a scrapbook album, but I thought they'd be wonderful blogging prompts as well. I am selecting one of the three prompts to write about each day. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

September 22: A marquee, sign, or billboard in your community

Things got crazy for a minute, and I had to skip a few days of writing. Daisy turned nine last week, and the whole week was out of whack due to scouting things. Nicky was scheduled to do the swimming merit badge on Wednesday night. Then he had scout camp on Daisy's actual birthday, so Daisy's birthday party was scheduled for Sunday at 6:00. Then our ward decided to hold a court of honor on Sunday night at 6:00, so I had to move the party. Our ward also scheduled Nicky to have a scout master conference right during his merit badge class (which, if he missed the class, would TRIPLE THE PRICE for the other three boys attending). I was a wreck all week as I rearranged things to make scouts and the birthday happen. Then, after all the rescheduling I did, our ward canceled the court of honor, and all I could do was rock back and forth like a crazy woman and douse myself in Dr. Pepper.

One night last week I had to go on a Therapy Drive. I left the kids with Scotty and drove out to my "hometown" library (taking the long way). As I cruised down Main Street, I saw this sign, and it made me chuckle... kind of like a lunatic, but at least I smiled. 

Sign

No comments: