Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Resolutions in Review

Another year has come and gone, and I'm very excited to finalize my resolutions for 2014 (I have big plans! It's going to be a good year... uh... hopefully!) But before I settle in to my goal for the new year, here is how I did on my resolutions for 2013:

Lower my cholesterol naturally. DONE. I had high cholesterol, and now I don't. I accomplished this through diet and exercise.

Weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning of the year. DONE. The results aren't amazing, but my weight fluctuates between 5-10 lbs less than it was at the beginning of the year.

Run a mile. DONE.

Get together with my high school friends. DONE. Twice. Overachiever!

Have Christmas money all saved up by Halloween and most Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. DONE. Almost. There are always a few people who pop up closer to Christmas that I need to buy gifts for, and those are the most stressful gifts to buy. I guess that is why I chose the phrase "most Christmas shopping." This resolution needs to be improved upon because it didn't fix what I was trying to fix when I made this resolution.

No new clothes or shoes in 2013. NOT DONE. I made it to about August, and then it dawned on me that this resolution was ill-timed since I made it right after having a baby. As I transitioned from maternity clothes to regular clothes, I realized most of my clothes didn't fit, were very dated, or were in rough condition (stains, holes, etc).

No pop. MOSTLY DONE. I had a few sips at parties, but I never got "back on the sauce."

I am pleased with the outcome of my resolutions for 2013, but this was no easy year. I really struggled mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Perhaps that is a cliche - do we not all struggle in those areas? But really, something in me shifted during this year. I lost a lot of confidence in myself as a mother and as a spiritual leader. Sometimes I reflect back on this post, and I don't even recognize myself. Who was that person who lived guilt-free? There is no trace of that left in me. This post more adequately reflects where I am now.

funny-new-year-updates_1388061033 

I hope this new year will bring about some changes for me in those areas. I have a lot of work to do and a lot to overcome.

Bring it on 2014!

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

Good for you!! I am so impressed that you can set resolutions that are difficult but manageable, AND THAT YOU MANAGE TO COMPLETE THEM! Seriously, this is so awesome.

xox