Sunday, May 26, 2013

This Week in Children's Drawings...

Maybe I shouldn't post two of my child's masterpieces in a row, but how can I not show you this amazing illustration I found in Nicky's notebook?

CRNOW

It is titled: The Crnow.

When I found this drawing, my heart melted. I knew that it was a depiction of my son riding the cat, which is great because Nicky and the cat have a special bond.

But what about those random letters across the bottom? I had to ask Nicky about them, and when he explained that it read, "Colonel," (or as he pronounces it, "Kerno") (our cat's military rank), it all made perfect sense.

Nicky has never had much interest in drawing (he has impatiently scribbled for many years), so all of this is new to me, and I'm loving it!

3 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

That picture is so awesome! I love the spelling as well. I have decided Kindergartners are just plain awesome!

k said...

I adore children's drawings. This one in particular.


(P.S. Is the cat's mouth wide open in protest?)

Shirley Smith said...


I have to admit, I was so confused about who Nicky, Daisy and Scotty were. What an adorable picture!