Friday, May 3, 2013

Currently {May 2013 Edition}

Reading: Becky's Book of Mormon and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Don't make fun of me.

Watching: Nothing. It's Screen-Free Week. Or, in my case, mostly screen-free.

Procrastinating: attacking the weeds in my garden. They might as well get a few inches taller.

Wanting: a new oven. I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon, but the idea is in my head. And just in case my husband is reading this, don't forget to buy me a silicone  whisk for Mothers' Day. Or heck, just give me the word, and I'll go buy my own Mothers' Day gift. Or take me to buy some running shoes, and I'll pretend that I'm going to start running with you.

Craving: a donut and chocolate milk.

Wearing: some athletic clothes. I think I'm wearing a running shirt. I don't really know. It has long sleeves and thumb holes. I don't really know what it's for, but I'm wearing it for my morning walk.


Relieved by: having a skin tag-free armpit. It is such a treat!

Stressing about: the first baptism I have coordinated as Primary President. It is tomorrow, and I'm worried I've missed some important detail that will ruin someone's life.

(I was recently called to be the Primary President, by the way).

Missing: date night. I don't get enough date nights.

Excited about: a possible impromptu vacation we may be taking next week. I'll tell you more if/when it happens. 

Addicted to: Maroon 5. I've never officially declared a favorite band, but I'm pretty sure it's Maroon 5.

Trying: to not gossip, to read my scriptures more, and to pray more thoughtfully.

Needing: to eat less sugar. But you guys? I love it so much!

Tired of: my kids fighting.

Thankful for: finding not one, but TWO! new swimming suits. I am in no shape to be wearing a swimming suit, but they are decent. 

Enjoying: Scotty's week between semesters. It has been so nice having him home in the evening.

Looking forward to: Zoe's bed time. She's in that phase where she refuses to be put down. She is crying as I type, but goshdarnit, I need a ten minute break.

Hoping: that I will get to do some reading this weekend.

Loving: the convenience of texting. It has been very handy for Primary.

Proud of myself for: exercising six of seven days a week for three weeks. I reward myself by drawing smiley faces on my calendar.

3 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

Screen-free Britt is awesome - she blogs more than normal Britt :) But I see why you haven't been able to get very many posts on here now - Primary President?!? That's exciting and busy and good luck with that. I had high hopes to get your kid's May package off early this week so they would have something to entertain them for a bit since you are being incredible and going screen-free for a bit - but with Paisley's birthday it just did not happen... sorry.

Amy Sorensen said...

Good job on the exercising!!!

My tip for the baptism (although I guess it's already over!) is to make sure they bring towels. I totally forgot to bring towels when Haley got baptized and then I had to run home and get some while she & Kendell stood shivering in the bathroom.

Not my shiningest moment. :)

k said...

Holla at being skin tag free!