Sunday, May 19, 2013

Masterpiece

Nicky only has a few short days left of kindergarten. I don't know how it went by so fast. Wasn't it just a few days ago that I sent him off to the school for the first time?

Over the weekend we did some serious cleaning around the house (okay, not that serious, but still much-needed). Every time I clean off the fridge or the back door (where we hang a lot of random things because magnets stick to it perfectly), I see this picture that Nicky painted at the beginning of the school year:

Monster Art

It is my FAVORITE.

I think it's because this was one of the first things he ever painted that actually resembled something.

(It's a monster).

(An awesome monster).

I've had it hanging in the kitchen for most of the school year, and I decided to make a more permanent home for it in a frame in Nicky's bedroom.

Oh, these growing years! So much joy and so much I'm going to miss!


2 comments:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

That really is awesome.

k said...

Pretty fierce monster.

I recently framed a piece of Iris' art that is her FIRST picture resembling something. It just touched my heart.