Monday, January 7, 2013

Currently {January 2013 Edition}


Reading: Son by Lois Lowry. I started this one in the hospital while I was having Zoe, and I accidentally took it back to the library before I finished it. I had to get back on the hold list and wait for another copy.

Watching: Merlin. It's no Robin Hood, but it's okay.

Procrastinating: putting on make-up. Interesting side note: this weekend during a game of Balderdash, I became familiar with the term "farding," which means "applying cosmetics to the face." So I guess you could say I'm procrastinating farding. Perhaps I'll go to the bathroom and fard as soon as I'm done with this post. Or maybe I'll wait and fard in the car on my way to the store. Or I could always fard while I'm waiting for Nicky to get out of school. Maybe I'll fard a little now and finish farding later. There are so many options when it comes to farding!

Wanting: a third-row vehicle so I can separate my children. The other night, Daisy put a plastic bag in the baby's mouth and scratched her face until she bled. And guess what? It is not safe to drive with my right arm reached behind my seat to hold Daisy's hands in momcuffs.

Craving: fat. Have I told you that I have high cholesterol? Go me. So now I'm supposed to be on a low-fat diet for three months and have my cholesterol checked again. If it's not in the normal range by then, I've been advised to start medication. I'm only 29. I refuse to be on cholesterol medication! So now I'm craving fat because I haven't been eating a lot of it.

Wearing: too-tight jeans, leopard print flats, and a shirt I bought from the thrift store. I am not comfortable at all. Curse these 12 holiday pounds!!

Relieved by: the Christmas decorations being put away. By the time Christmas rolls around, I just want them GONE. Usually I take them down on the 26th (if not the evening of the 25th), but this year I had to wait a few extra days, and I nearly went crazy!

Stressing about: having sick kids. Nicky has an atypical case of croup right now. Usually the worst croup symptoms last 2-4 days. Nicky is on day 11 and just barely started improving. We've already canceled his birthday party TWICE, and he has seen three different doctors. The poor kid was sick on his birthday and for most of winter break, so he didn't get to do anything fun. I feel terrible for him! My worst fear is that Zoe will end up getting it. Hopefully, after being exposed to it for 11 days and not showing any symptoms, we are in the clear.

Missing: that special thrill that came with a new Harry potter book and/or movie release.

Addicted to: stretchy pants. They're just awesome!

Dreading: snow. I don't like sending my kid to school in it, I don't like driving in it, and I don't like shoveling it.

Needing: four hours a week to myself. I have been considering putting Daisy in a half-day of daycare once a week, but I just can't bring myself to pay for it.

Annoyed by: Daisy's bathroom habits. She always has wet underwear. ALWAYS!!! So she stinks. And everything she touches stinks. And I am forever washing and washing and washing. And the whole house STILL stinks. After two HORRIBLE experiences with potty training my kids, my new motto is DIAPERS RULE!!!

Feeling guilty about: spending a little too much money this month. I bought some stuff on clearance after Christmas, and we didn't really have the money for it. Now with all of the co-pays and prescriptions with Nicky being sick, I'm way behind on the budget. One of my New Year's resolutions was to be more budget-conscious. I'm pretty good at sticking to a budget anyway, but I want to be better, and I've already messed up! Oh well. I guess I need to forgive myself and start over.

Tired of: icy sidewalks. I've had way too many close calls, especially carrying an 18 pound car seat with a 12 pound baby in it. I don't know if that's really how much Zoe weighs, but she has to be close. She's HUGE!

Thankful for: being able to take ibuprofen again. I rarely need it, but when I'm pregnant and can't have it, I feel like my life is a mess.

Enjoying: Zoe smiles. She is in that phase where she can smile, but it's still a lot of work, so every time she smiles, I freak out because it's so beautiful!

Looking forward to: our upcoming family vacation. Betcha can't guess where we're going!

Hoping: that no one is sick when we go on said family vacation.

Loving: my church calling. I will probably be released in a few months when the president moves, and I am already sad. I hope somehow I can stay. I love being in the primary presidency!

5 comments:

Rhi said...

Stretchy Pants FOREVER. (also: that is one CUTE baby)

Anonymous said...

what about healthy fats? like avocado/guacamole, salmon, etc? I've heard they are supposed to help with cholesterol...

Amber said...

You can bring Daisy over to play anytime. My poor girls are starved for a playmate right now. Oh and Disneyland, Im jealous.

Katie said...

Have I ever told you how much I like reading your Currently posts? They are so great.

I'll eat some fats for you. Just think of how super skinny you're going to get as you chew on your celery. ;)

Jo said...

Eat cherries. They are supposed to lower your cholesterol. Can you get any frozen ones since they are out of season? Drink a little shot of cherry juice? Also oatmeal for breakfast 3X a week. You'll be cured in no time.