Thursday, November 1, 2012

Currently {November 2012}

Reading: the New Testament. I just finished the Book of Mormon a week ago, and now I'm picking up where I left off - the book of John. As for recreational reading, I haven't read a darn thing in waaaaay too long, but I have about four books on hold that I'm looking forward to. Hopefully their arrivals are appropriately timed for post-baby reading.

Watching: Dancing with the Stars. Darn it! I just can't help it! Also, still working my way through Robin Hood.

Procrastinating: all forms of household chores. I decided that I'm not going worry about my house being clean when it's time to go to the hospital. I'm just going to ask Scotty to take care of it. I might need back-up, though. Scotty gets distracted easily.

Wanting: Just Dance 4.

Craving: Firehouse Subs. I've only eaten there once, but I can't stop thinking about it! Also, breakfast at Market Street Grill. So delicious and so reasonably priced! (I order the #4).

Wearing: anything I can find that fits and doesn't hurt.

Relieved by: not having to do Sharing Time at all this month.

Missing: TGIF

Stressing about: coordinating the birth of our child with Scotty's school and work schedule (i.e. not using too much PTO or missing too much class while still managing to have him around enough to be helpful and not leave me in a state of emotional distress). Ugh... Plus, he needs to clean the house. Tee hee!

Addicted to: Hershey's Nuggets with toffee and almonds.

Dreading: epidural farts. SO EMBARRASSING!

Needing: more Pepcid. I took my last one on Tuesday, and it seems a waste to go buy another package when I should be cured from heartburn ANY MINUTE NOW!

Annoyed by: something I said earlier today. A friend of mine stopped by for a while, and she asked me a really weird question (one that I didn't even want to answer), and my response was totally stupid. She kept bringing it up over and over again, and I felt like I was trying to dig myself out of a hole. It wouldn't have mattered except that this friend and I have very different opinions on almost everything, so it was the wrong friend to say something stupid to.

Suffering from: lack of brain power. I can't think, and I can't speak. I got a phone call from the hospital yesterday to discuss payment for my delivery, and they wanted to know if I would be paying in full or if I wanted to set up a payment plan. All I needed to say was, "It depends on how much it ends up costing. Can I wait until I get the bill and then set up a payment plan if I need to?" Simple. But I kept saying, "It ends... Um... It ends... Um..." and I couldn't figure out what words I needed. I ended up having to put the lady on hold because I was so flustered.

Feeling guilty about: not being able to help my neighbors with a HUGE yard project they've been working on (and also noticing that no one else has been helping them, either).

Tired of: having to keep my legs shaved "just in case."

Thankful for: make-up. It makes all the difference. But I need new mascara, and I have terrible mascara anxiety. No matter what I kind I try, I'm never happy with it.

Enjoying: my last few days as a mother of two.

Looking forward to: the holidays.

Hoping: that the next book I read will be AMAZING!

Loving: the warm weather this week. It has been nice to spend the days playing outside.



3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm also still on the search for the perfect mascara.

Hopefully your next post will be about the birth of the new baby!

Kristen said...

Getting an epidural gives people a case of the farts? Oh goodness. Something I didn't realize I needed to worry about! :o)

Britt said...

It won't CAUSE gas, but during both of my labors, I have ended up farting uncontrollably. The first time was only in front of my mom and husband, but the second time was practically in my doctor's face! There's just a certain variety of fart that can't be held in when you're numb.

But it only seems to happen to ME, so don't worry about it!