Thursday, November 29, 2012

Media Card Memory Lane

So this thing happened.

I have a Blackberry (I know, I know. Blackberries are so not cool anymore, but you know what? I don't really care. It calls people, and that's all I really need out of a cell phone). The 'ole Blackberry has a camera, and sometimes I use it to take pictures.

(I'm so with the times! I take cell phone pictures! Woot!)

(But they are really blurry and low quality).

(Whatever).

So anyway... the thing...

The Blackberry has a media card where it stores pictures. Well, a while ago, the phone said, "Hey! Your media card is full, so I will now store pictures on the camera."

I was like, "Whatever you say, Phone."

And then lo and behold, all of my pictures were gone. Trapped in Media Card Land! And I don't know how to get to Media Card Land. I spent all of ten seconds googling solutions before I said, "Meh!" and moved on with my life.

That was about nine months ago.

Then on Sunday, I tried opening my photos to show my friend how Nicky got his leg stuck in his bike last week:

Blackberry

Well, the photo wasn't there, but all of the photos from the media card were!

And frankly, I have no idea how that happened, but I was so excited because, despite my "Meh!"-ing, I was really sad I lost all of those pictures.

But Britt, why didn't you just put those pictures on your computer to allow space on your media card?

Psht! As if I know how to do that!

So now all of my photos are back, and I did some voodoo work and figured out how to e-mail them to myself so I can save them for-evah and evah on the internets.

But Britt, how did you get that picture of Nicky's leg stuck in the bike when you specifically said it wasn't there?

It was on facebook.

So I'm thrilled to have those photos back, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, I am going to force you to look at some of my favorites. Consider this a walk down Media Card Memory Lane.

Oh, look! Here's the day Daisy started potty training (aka: August 9, 2011).

Blackberry

As you can see, she grasped on to the concept immediately.

Ahem...

Needless to say, she is still working on it... a year and a half later... 

Let's not talk about it.

Speaking of Daisy, it's amazing what that girl can do. Her artistic abilities surpass those of most children her age.

Blackberry

Blackberry

Or something like that.

Sometimes she can be really cute.

Blackberry

Blackberry

Blackberry

Blackberry

And sometimes she even sleeps!

Blackberry

Blackberry

Blackberry

And so does Nicky.

Blackberry

Blackberry

Sometimes I take my kids out in public. Like to the zoo.

Blackberry

 Or to the dentist.

Blackberry

 Or Bingham Copper Mine.

Blackberry

 Or Wheeler Farm.

Blackberry

Or even rock climbing.

Blackberry

When we're feeling really adventurous, Scotty and I take the kids to Disneyland. That means we give Daisy pretty much anything she wants to keep her from screaming her head off in the back seat of the car for 12 hours.

Blackberry

Blackberry

Often, there are huge catastrophes when we are out in public.

Hey Daisy, you have a little sumthin' sumthin' on your lips. What have you been eating?

Blackberry

Oh, worms from Walmart! No big deal!

Blackberry

We have a lot of fun when we're not eating invertebrates. We take baths in the back yard.

Blackberry

We play with balloons.

Blackberry

We play dress-up.

Blackberry

Blackberry

And we get breathing treatments when we have pertussis.

Blackberry

And now that we have another little sister, we put gel in her hair.

Blackberry

Okay, okay. So that last one isn't from Media Card Land, but I had to sneak Zoe in here somewhere.




1 comment:

Amber said...

I about died when I saw the worms on the floor. Reminded me of that one time, 2 weeks ago, when my girls opened that little fridge and about 6 containers fell out. Lets just say, we havn't been patrons of walmart for a bit.