Saturday, November 10, 2012

Goo Gone Wrong

After having the baby, Thursday and Friday were my first "mostly normal" days. Scotty went to work, Nicky went to school, I went grocery shopping... all of that. While I was at the store on Thursday, I bought some Borax and glue, thinking it would be a good activity for the kids to make homemade goo/flubber/gak on Friday.

So Friday came, and I decided to be Super Mom and make the goo while assembling a lasagna for dinner, like, way before dinner time.

I gave my kids a little pep talk wherein I outlined the Rules of Goo:

Rule #1: The goo can not leave the kitchen!

Rule #2: Don't get goo all over the place!

It turns out, I wasn't specific enough with Rule #2 because Daisy decided it would be so super funny to put the goo in her hair whilst I stirred pasta sauce.

 Hair Goo

It happened RIGHT at that crucial moment where the noodles had 8 seconds left to boil, and the sauce was starting to POP all over the stove, and I needed to produce a colander and a lid simultaneously.

I couldn't tend to Daisy right away, so I grumbled and whined for a second, then turned my back on her and finished cooking. 

While I was cooking, Daisy fetched a fit because she wanted the goo out of her hair "RIGHT NOW!" She ended up throwing herself on the kitchen floor and falling asleep.

And because Nicky can't just sit back peacefully and watch a disastrous situation unfold, he strung goo all over the backs of the bar stools and down his shirt. Not to mention the splats all over the microwave, counter, and floor.

(Seriously?!? What is so hard to comprehend about Rule #2?)

Two hours later, Daisy woke up like this...

Hair Goo

Hair Goo

All I can say is GOO?!? NEVER AGAIN!!!

(And thank heaven for Google because I wouldn't have thought to rinse Daisy's hair in vinegar, and she likely would have ended up with a shaved head. That was one nasty mess!)

No comments: