Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Back is Killing Me (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Somone's dog (at least we hope it was "someone's dog" as opposed to "someone") pooped in our yard. No big deal. It happens, right? The trouble is, my kids are obsessed with the poop. They have gone outside several times to look at it, and as the day goes on, they continue talking about it and asking each other, "Do you want to go outside and look at the poop again?"

Fact #2: I could (should?) just go outside and clean up the poop, but it just doesn't fit into my plan for today. My to do list looks more normal. Like, do a few loads of laundry, feed and bathe my kids, sit on the couch, blog, and sweep the kitchen floor. I can not break from The Plan to clean up poop that is outside.

Fact #3: Scotty's mom lives up the street from us, and we usually visit her on Sundays. For most of those visits, Scotty fails to wear shoes. This week, he wanted to go play in his Grandpa's field next door to his mom's house, but alas, he had no shoes... so he went into the garage and made some.

IMG-20120819-00156

Fact #4: My husband is a weird genius.

Fact #5: Utah just opened its first Goodwill earlier this year. Everyone is always talking about Goodwill like it's a subdivision of Heaven, so one Saturday, Scotty and I ditched the kids and went to check out the new store. There was nothing about Goodwill that made it more appealing than any of the other thrift stores I frequent, but we were pretty excited to find this:

Camp Chef

Hello, three-burner Camp Chef - hardly used - for $25! 

Fact #6: We took our Camp Chef to the mountains over the weekend to cook breakfast. We've been retreating to higher elevation a lot lately to get out of the heat.

Fact #7: Scotty and I went to dinner last night at a place that serves steak... on hot skillets. It was an interesting experience because three of the tables around us complained that their steaks were overcooked. The manager was running around like crazy handing out $25 gift cards to disappointed customers, and there I was going, "Hello!?! You are serving steak in a skillet!!! Of course it's going to be overcooked! Serve it on a freakin' plate!"

Fact #8: By the time I ate my steak, it was overcooked, too, but I didn't complain because I'm pregnant, and I shouldn't be eating medium steak anyway.

Fact #9: After posting on facebook that we were going to go out to eat last night, a friend of mine showed up at my door and gave us money for our dinner. I fought with her forever about it, but she insisted that she really wanted to do something nice for us. I almost died of kindness.

Fact #10: I feel a hormonal breakdown coming on. Maybe a week from now. Be ready.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh Britt you quack me up.;) love the first one..poop..nuff said.;)