Friday, August 19, 2022

It’s the Second Day of School (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I really don’t like measuring out flour for recipes. Whenever I’m baking or cooking, I dread adding the flour. Does anyone else feel this way? I hate getting it out of the cupboard. I hate scooping it. I hate dirtying the measuring cups. Flour is the worst!

Fact #2: I recently read a book that had a lot of Adirondack chairs in it. The protagonist was constantly sitting in them or leaning on them or staring at them or just being in their presence. For a while I thought it was a book about Adirondack chairs, but it turns out, the book was actually a ghost story. Anyway, reading the book forced me to face the word Adirondack over and over again. Not only am I resentful of the term… I also can never remember how to say it. 

Caution: this book contains Adirondack chairs!

Fact #3: Another thing I can never remember how to pronounce: Enjolras, the character from Les Mis. I keep trying to tell people that Eddie Munson from Stranger Things is Enjolras in the BBC Les Mis, but all I can muster is, “That character that starts with an E, but I can’t remember how to say it!” and everyone thinks I mean Eponine. No! Eddie Munson is not Eponine!

Enjolras

Eddie

Fact #4: I just need to point out that the $10 bundle from McDonalds’s (two cheeseburgers, two fries, and 20 nuggets), which hasn’t existed for very long and post-dates COVID, is now $16.69. 

Fact #5: Today went much better than yesterday, except for all the driving around. THAT was worse. Getting in and out of the junior high was a nightmare (and I don’t go anywhere near the parking lot - cuz the parking lot is a whole other level of crazy!) And there’s construction by my house that prevents me from getting to the elementary easily. 

Fact #6: We had BLTs for dinner tonight, and while I was cooking the bacon, some grease splattered on my flip flop. Now I have a  greasy foot, and I’m liable to get licked by a dog. 

Fact #7: I went to Costco today and now need to sell a kidney. By the way, it’s officially “Grateful, Thankful, Blessed” season in all the stores with Christmas sneaking in on the side. Hurry! Get your light up lawn deer before the temperature drops below 90! 

Fact #8: I’m really struggling to make it to ten here.

Fact #9: These are the shoes Eva picked out for school:


Fact #10: Nicky opted for red Crocs because he wants to look like Lightning McQueen (that's really what he says). He wants to get some green ones for days he feels like Shrek. And on days he doesn't want to wear holey boats on his feet, he wears his great-grandpa's Adidas. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dedicated a 1/2 cup to my flour canister a few years ago and it has changed my life! I don’t wash it, it just lives in there. Forever it will live. Also, should note that I decided on 1/2 cup because rarely do you need a flour measurement other than 1/2.