Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Bath Blogging

It's not what you think. I'm not blogging from the bath - I'm just not that adventurous. But I often sit on the floor right outside the bathroom door while the Tornado Twins are in the tub, as I am now.

So this post will be a compilation of everything I can write before they start to drown each other (sibling baths never end on a good note around here).

Remember how last week I praised my new calling as the primary music leader? I changed my mind. Sunday about did me in. This is all so familiar from my days serving in the presidency. Some Sundays are wonderful and rewarding. Others make you want to pull your hair out. Week Three was a hair-pulling Sunday.

We are still working on our garden and plan to be shoveling rocks for weeks to come. The second half of last week was rainy, so we had to put our yard work on hold.

Despite questionable weather patterns, I have to say, THIS IS MARCH. People keep making comments about the weather as if this isn't normal. It's March in Utah, my friends. Some days are sunny and warm, others are rainy and cold. This is how it goes. EVERY. YEAR. And yet, people are still always shocked at the weather in March. Easter is pretty much a day for us to get together with extended family and listen to everyone gripe about the weather.

Speaking of the weather, I've started walking in the mornings again with some friends. It snowed on Sunday, so we were debating whether we should walk on Monday. We decided to go for it. I set out from my house to meet KoriAnn, and it was pretty amazing outside. The air was so clear and fresh - it felt good to get outside and breathe. There was snow on the grass, but the walks were clear, so it was really serene and peaceful. I felt amazing - it was like I had the world to myself for a moment. About a mile into our walk, it started dumping snow, and we just kept going (we had important matters to discuss - things that are more important than seeking shelter in the snow). At the end of our walk, the path was completely covered, and both of us had snow all over us. My clothes were soaked through, and KoriAnn had a snowman forming in the collar of her coat.

Again... it's March. This is how it goes, and I actually like the variety.

My kids' spring break starts tomorrow. I'm not ready. I need to have a plan. I don't have a plan! What am I going to do?

And with that, the first naked bum has escaped from the tub.




1 comment:

Miss L said...

I was the primary chorister for 3 years a decade ago (including during and after a pregnancy and birth of my fourth daughter!), and to this day, I have never had another calling that provided such a good cardio workout every. Sunday. I should note that I’m NOT musically gifted and my memory is crap when it comes to remembering songs, so it’s super surprising I was in there so long!