Friday, January 16, 2015

Everyone Needs One

Every time I'm pregnant, I wish I had a grabber. If you haven't experienced bending over while pregnant, let me clue you in: it's not fun. There comes a point in each pregnancy where I get down on my hands and knees and crawl throughout the whole house picking stuff up off the floor because it's too hard to keep going up and down and up and down, so I just stay down. 

During my second pregnancy, I saw a stash of "As Seen on TV" grabbers near the register at the store, and I thought, "I should get that NOW!" because it's one of those things that you see when you're not looking for one, but if you're looking for one you'll never find one. Alas, I didn't have the money at the time so I decided I'd buy one the following week after pay day. 

Didn't happen.

Because they were gone.

Just as I knew they would be!

Finally, in my fourth pregnancy, I have a grabber! Scotty gave it to me for Christmas, and it was quite timely since I grew increasingly uncomfortable during the two weeks before Christmas.

image

Now I know this: everyone should have a grabber, pregnant or not. The other day my book fell behind the couch, and I was able to retrieve it with the grabber (otherwise I would've had to move the couch). Today I moved our deep freezer forward a few inches and used the grabber to pick up some stuff that had fallen behind it (I would've had to move the freezer several feet if I didn't have the grabber). Cleaning, in general, is much easier with a grabber. I pick up stuff from under my kitchen table with ease. Garbage, laundry, shoes, toys - all are so much easier to pick up with my grabber, not to mention, it extends my reach so I don't have to walk as far between the items I'm cleaning up and the place where they are stored. 

Go forth and get grabbers! You will be so happy!

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

It's like I never even knew what I was missing!!!

So awesome.

xox