Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Currently {June 2014 Edition}

Reading: Raging Star by Moira Young. This is the third book in the Dustlands Trilogy. This is one of those times when I don't remember a lot of the first two books, so I had to fake my way through the first half of the third book until it started making sense. But really, I only half know what's going on.

Watching: Call the Midwife (I have one episode of season 3 left, and I'm saving it for a day when I really need it, but I need to need it real soon because it expires on the Masterpiece Theatre web site in a few days), Granite Flats (this is to appease my son, who loves this show, and give us something to do on Sunday nights), and Master Chef.

Procrastinating: taking Nicky in for a haircut. I could do it myself, but it's one of those things that I'm willing to pay for to prevent "the fight."

Wanting: some shorts that are comfortable and somewhat flattering.

Craving: watermelon.

Wearing: a Dirty Dash shirt, khaki shorts, and silver strappy sandals that are *this close* to breaking in half (they have lived a good life).

Relieved by: the fact that I made it to 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday of the first week of summer break without completely losing my cool. (Key word: "completely." I've definitely lost my cool "incompletely." Whatever that means).

Missing: the Albertson's that used to be by my house. That was always the place I stopped when I needed one or two things. Now I go to Smith's for quick trips, but I hate their location and their parking lot.

Excited for: the honey mustard chicken I am going to make... sometime.

Neglecting: household chores. I usually take Wednesdays off. Today is no exception.

Thankful for: our pediatric ENT and his staff. Zoe is getting tubes next week!

Looking forward to: Scotty graduating in less than three weeks!

Loving: Zoe's ever expanding vocabulary. She's a little behind in her speech (most likely due to ear problems), so every word is such a delight!

Proud of myself for: standing up for someone the other day.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay for graduation!! And every Mom needs a day off. Good for you for taking one!

Feisty Harriet said...

Yay graduation!! Do you guys have plans to celebrate!?

xox