Monday, September 16, 2013

Do Tell - Sunrise, Sunset

The other day Amy posted this on facebook:

"Everyone's asleep, the house is quiet, 
the laundry is in the dryer, 
and the kitchen is clean. (Plus it smells like cake). 
This peacefulness is why I'm a night owl."

Just a few days prior to Amy's status update, I had pushed my baby in the stroller up the street to my mother-in-law's house at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast, and I spent the entire time thinking about how fond I am of mornings. I love the empty streets, the slight coolness of the air, and the silence. The world is slower-paced and more still in the early hours.

That peacefulness is why I'm a morning person.

I guess Amy and I crave the same things but find them in different hours of the day.

San Clemente Sunset II
{sunset at San Clemente 2009}

So today I am wondering if you're a night owl, a morning person, or something in between. Do tell!

9 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

You know...I stand by my Facebook comment about loving the night time. But when I am able to not be completely lazy and get myself out of bed, I love the mornings too!

That's not very decisive of me, though.

love.joy.lane said...

(I have posted this three times with no success - this is my last shot.)

I am a morning person in that I am a much better human being between the hours of 6am and 3pm.

I do love that night life for midnight movies and boardgames. And spending time with my hubby.

I guess I am an in-betweener because if there is fun to be had I am always willing to sacrifice a little sleep.

Jana Lyn said...

I prefer less sleep and to have a little morning time to myself and a little night time too. I love the quiet mornings where I can get my scriptures read, exercise and be prepared for the craziness of motherhood before it begins. But, I love the peace of night time when I can clean up and sit and relax too.

Melanie said...

I'm definitely more of a morning person.

Bethany said...

I am, by nature, a night owl. Unfortunately my job requires that I wake up at 5:00am. Still not a morning person :)

Trisha said...

Night Owl for sure. I don't like to wake up early. I can be way tired but then 8:00 hits (when I'm not pregnant) and I can go on for hours.

Amber said...

I am naturally a night owl. I usually wont go to bed until at least 11:30 because after 8 is when I get to clean up the house, fold the laundry, read, watch tv, and spend time with handsome. However, I really love to be up early and get all my junk done before my kids get up. So while I do not enjoy the act of waking up at 6:30, I do enjoy the feeling of being productive. So I have to make myself be a morning person, but I like it!

Nameless-Sister-In-Law said...

Two Words: Graveyard Shift.

Kristin said...

I love mornings. LOVE them. My fave. Always. I have been known to get up at 345 am on the weekends. I love the quiet. The peace. The promise of a new day. Time to myself. Mornings make me happy :)