Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Swamp Cooler Season (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: Over the weekend I went to Zion National Park for the first time. Having lived my entire life in Utah, it's pretty lame that I took 29 years to get there.

Zion

Fact #2: Speaking of Things I've Taken 29 Years to Do, I just ran a mile for the first time in my life on May 30. 

Fact #4: I am finally getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday. I think I have mentioned the need to have my wisdom teeth out about thirteen billion times on this blog. Again, Things I've Taken 29 Years to Do.

Fact #5: My adorable daughters have been waking up around 5:15 a.m. lately. This is turning me into a zombie mother. I like waking up early, but I don't like waking up early WITH CHILDREN!!! My zombie-ness is intensified by the fact that Zoe wakes up about three times in the night, and Daisy wails like a banshee for hours in her sleep (and has for the past two+ years). We're not sure what the deal is with Daisy. We used to think she cried all night because of her ear infections, so we had tubes put in her ears. Then we thought it must be because of her tonsils, so we had them removed. Yet, she still cries. Whatever it is, she causes some very long nights and some very early mornings.

Fact #6: A few weeks ago I had the mysterious thing on my eyelid removed. I did not have to go to an eye surgeon. Instead, I went to a different dermatologist to get a second opinion, and he was like, "I don't know what it is, but I can slice it off if you want." And I was all, "Even though you're not an eye surgeon?" and he looked at me all weird and said, "Uhhhh..... yup!" And I said, "But won't I need stitches and an eye patch and end up all deformed looking?" (because that's what the other dermatologist said), and he was like, "Uhhhh..... nope!"

Fact #7: So the dude took a little slice into my eyelid and removed a strange black ball. It looked kind of like a poppy seed.

Fact #8: After the lab got a hold of it, they determined that it was a...

Drum roll, please...

Irritated hair follicle. What the?!?

Fact #9: By "irritated hair follicle" I would assume "ingrown hair" or "folliculitis." But that can't be what it was. I wanted to ask some questions, but the messenger never really knows anything, and I have very little hope for getting in touch with the doctor or the lab without getting a bill for a few hundred dollars, so as long as I don't have cancer (and I don't), I will just let it remain a mystery.

Fact #10: It turns out that having a needle in your eyelid really isn't too bad. 

4 comments:

Nameless-Sister-In-Law said...

Good Luck on the Wisdom Teeth . . . Nameless-Niece-In-Law had hers out last week and Nameless-Other-Sister-In-Law has it video. Must see.

Melanie said...

Good luck with the wisdom teeth. Use it as an excuse to eat lots of ice cream!

Heidi said...

How was Zion!? I hope you had great weather and some awesome hikes/vistas.

Good luck on the teeth! Gaaah!

xox

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

I hope the wisdom teeth go well. If it makes you feel better, that is something I have yet to cross off my own list. Sorry about the crazy sleep. Few things make it harder to get through the day than consistently little sleep. And p.s. I'm super happy you don't have cancer :-)