"[Jesus Christ] and only [Jesus Christ] can consider every factor that shapes who we are: our genetics, intellectual abilities, traditions, experiences, mental and emotional conditions, and every other circumstance that affects who we are... Because of Jesus Christ, all that is unfair in life can and will be made right."
Christ, as our advocate, will take into consideration everything that makes us who we are. It is a beautiful thing that someone truly knows us that way. He knows the why.
----------
"The seeing of God is not like the seeing of man. Man sees only between the blinks of his eyes. He does not know what the world is like during the blinks. He sees the world in pieces, in fragments. But the master of the universe sees the world whole, unbroken. That world is good."
-My Name is Asher Lev
I jotted down this quote (among others) when I read Asher Lev many years ago, and I found my notes in an old notebook. I love this idea that there is something happening between the blinks that we don’t see and that our all-knowing God sees all and declares it “good.”
----------
Two recent talks I recommend:
To Those Enduring Trials with No End by Jeffrey S. Bednar
Peace and Rest - Even Now by Elder Patrick Kearon
----------
Along with Elder Kearon's talk and Elder Renlund's talk (quoted above), I am reminded of the commencement speech given by President Uchtorf at BYU in 2009 where he said, "A wise man once distinguished between the 'noble art of getting things done' and 'a nobler art of leaving things undone.'"
President Uchtorf talked about eliminating non-essentials from our lives. That was something I really needed to hear back then and continue to need now (though I've gotten much better over time).
.jpg)
1 comment:
Welp you're the 5th person to mention elder kearan's talk so I guess I really should listen to that one :)
Post a Comment