Sunday, November 26, 2023

Ten Things We Did Over Thanksgiving Weekend

1. Went to see the new Trolls movie. My review: it’s exactly what you would expect from the third movie in a cartoon series. We had coupons for free popcorn, and I spent most of the movie in deep thought about things unrelated to trolls and being happy to have my kids occupied for a minute. 

2. Went to the zoo on Thanksgiving morning. Right now you can get zoo tickets on their website for $5 on weekdays. Go see some primates! 

These primates followed me home

3. Made Black Bottom Banana Coconut Cream Pie (a combination of the best pies), cranberry sauce, and Raspberry Pretzel Jello (I use Mel’s crust and Natasha’s cream and jello layers - I agree with Natasha that using heavy cream makes the pretzel layer soggier, therefore, Cool Whip is the better option, but for some reason, Natasha’s pretzel layer never turns out for me).

4. Ate Thanksgiving dinner with Scotty’s dad’s family.

5. Tried the new Marine Worlds expansion for Ark Nova. 

Look at those adorable penguin pieces!! Just look at them! 

6. Had Poker Night.

The winner is pictured here with her little poker companion 

7. Took Zoe, Eva, and the neighbor boy to the Museum of Natural History. 

8. Had Game Night at Chad and Carlie’s.

A not-great hand of Five Crowns

9. Went to church. For sacrament meeting we went to hear our friend Michael speak before leaving on his mission. Then we went to our own ward, and Scotty and I both taught second hour. 

10. Had (second) Thanksgiving dinner at home.


No comments: