Saturday, November 18, 2023

Happy Weekend (and twelve random facts)

Fact #1: I’m so glad I had all my babies before gender reveal parties became a thing. 

Fact #2: Sometimes I am so ridiculously excited to go grocery shopping that I wonder if something is wrong with me. Other times, it feels like torture.

Fact #3: We have had the most amazing fall! The trees have colored beautifully, and the weather has been delightful. My only complaint is having to do a late morning outfit change to transition from frosty to warm. 

(Wish I had a photo, but I haven’t taken any!!!)

Fact #4: My brain is completely fried from having to listen to my children this week. Yesterday I had the following conversation with my fourteen-year-old:

Daisy (for the tenth time that hour): Mom…

Me: Daisy, I’m trying really hard to finish this task. If it’s important, I’m happy to stop and listen, but if you’re just going to say something silly, I really need you to save it for later.

Daisy: Wanna hear my pterodactyl sounds?

Fact # 5: It’s so hard to be a good listener as a parent because 90% of what the kids talk about is ridiculous and mindless chitchat, but you have to listen to that stuff so they will feel safe telling you the other 10%. 

So I have to sacrifice brain cells and listen to the pterodactyl sounds so my daughter will hopefully come to me when she feels depressed or when she’s worried about something or when she’s struggling with a friend. 

Fact # 6: I also have to watch a whole lotta cartwheels. 

Fact #7: I really hate opening cream cheese. Can someone please validate my feelings?

Fact #8: I caved and put up a Christmas tree today Friday. The one that I was supposed to let my kids decorate (I did let them add all the random family ornaments to it after I enjoyed it for an hour).

Fact #9: I got the tree from the DI for $15 last year. 

Fact #10: I want to take it apart now and redo the ribbon, but I have to do it when my husband isn’t home so he won’t know I crazy. 

Fact # 11: The ribbon came from the DI, too!

Fact #12: Today (Saturday) I caved (again) and put up our second tree. And then everything else… because why not? So it’s officially Christmas at my house!

1 comment:

love.joy.lane said...

#1- people keep asking boy or girl and I say "oh we don't find out - don't want to go viral for some gender reveal gone wrong."

#3- same

#7- when we make our cream cheese flavors we have to open 30+ packages of cream cheese. It's the job at the shop I loathe the most. There has to be a better packaging solution.