Saturday, April 23, 2022

This Week in Photos

The past week(ish) has been a bit crazy, and things will stay that way until school gets out in June. I'm bracing myself for the next several weeks and stocking up on dry shampoo, gummi bears, and anxiety meds. This is the first "normal"(ish) spring since 2019, and I don't remember how to do all this stuff. 

May be cray!

But now the May cray has leached into April without relieving any of the May cray!

(Are you picking up what I'm putting down?)

Anyway, let me share some of the happenings as of late - beginning with Easter in ten photos (these photos aren't in chronological order because Blogger is being difficult):

Photo #1: Amber and I started off Easter with some Wordle joy!



Photo #2: We made resurrection rolls for breakfast


Photo #3: We took a family picture before church



Photo #4: Nicky mysteriously cut his hand during my mom's Easter hunt and bled all over his eggs


Photo #6: We studied The Living Christ and lit an Immanuel wreath


Photo #7: We had an "egg roll" with Scotty's mom's family (where we rolled eggs down a hill)


Photo #8: We went to Tracy Aviary


Photo #9: We hunted for eggs in the rain


Photo #10: And we hunted for eggs five more times...


Easter was busy but good. 

Adding to the chaos was Eva's seventh birthday. 


We had family over to celebrate on her actual birthday. Then after Easter settled, she had a "friend" party.


I brushed up on my party coping skills.


On Tuesday we had to take Eva to the emergency room because the backs of her earrings had gone inside her earlobes - as in completely inside her earlobes. We couldn't even see them! The pediatrician said she didn't want to mess with them, so she sent us to urgent care. The urgent care doctor said he wouldn't mess with them, so he sent us to Primary Children's Hospital. Luckily, four wonderful staff members there were willing to mess with them:




So that made for an interesting day. 

That evening we went to the Tulip Festival in Lehi with Scotty's mom and step-dad who were celebrating their 25th Anniversary.


It was so windy, and not very warm, but the wind added a whole new element to the sculpture of Christ walking on water in the Light of the World garden.


That night, I made French dip sandwiches for dinner, and I put my hoagie bun in the oven to toast it. I got distracted dancing to "We Don't Talk About Bruno," and when I opened the oven, flames came out at my face. 


The good thing is that I remain pretty calm when I start kitchen fires. The bad thing is that I start a lot of kitchen fires. 

On Thursday, my girls dressed up as book characters for World Book Day.

Eva was the Wonky Donkey. 


Zoe was Lucy from Owl Diaries.


Daisy was Kristy from The Babysitters Club. 


That same day, I went to the Tulip Festival again - this time with my friend Julie.


On Friday, my first tulip-that-isn't-actually-a-daffodil bloomed! I don't think it's one I planted, though, because the assortment of bulbs I bought did not include pink. But whatever. At this point, I'll take whatever blooms and call it "mine."


And that brings us to Saturday... also known as "today."

We woke up early and got our house clean. Then we had to take Zoe to a birthday party at a trampoline park. While we were waiting for her to get done, Scotty and I went to Daybreak to walk around the lake. We did some bird watching.

Mama mallard with eight babies

Yellow-headed blackbird

Nesting American coot

Not pictured: barn swallow, redhead duck, great-tailed grackle, house sparrow, red-winged blackbird, and double-crested cormorant, to name a few.

Also: dead bass, dead catfish, and thousands of gold fish that probably aren't supposed to be in Oquirrh Lake.

Now that the more hectic portion of our day is done, we're just lounging around, trying to rest up for our "day of rest" that won't offer us any actual rest. 

(Oh, Sabbath! I’m not ready to face your challenges). 

Now off to do Wordle for today!





No comments: