Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Happy and Amusing Things

Happy: Our local DI is open on Mondays again! And not only that... they open at 9:00 a.m.! On the first Monday they were open, I let Daisy go to school late, and we went on a shopping spree and bought her four "new" dresses. 



Amusing: A couple of weeks ago, it snowed sideways during the night. All the fences, telephone poles, and street signs were covered in snow but only on the north side. 


Happy: For a long time, I couldn't have any house plants because our cat would eat them. The cat was a legit excuse, but really, I've never been good at keeping house plants alive anyway. I decided that since the Colonel has been dead for nearly seven years, it's worth another try. Sam's Club had a set of three low-maintenance plants that I fell in love with, and I've managed to keep them alive for over a month!


Amusing: I was surprised the other day when my Honey Nut Cheerios came out of the box shaped like hearts! My initial reaction was, "Something is very wrong here!" but then I looked at the box and saw that they were doing a temporary heart awareness campaign of some sort. Fine by me! They're the most adorable Cheerios I ever saw!


Happy:
 For my last Young Women lesson, I had the girls plant some seeds from the dollar store. I wasn't sure if they would actually grow, so I was thrilled when one of the young women sent me a photo and told me hers were growing! Two of the other young women have also told me that theirs are growing (or were... as a plant killer, I know they could be dead by now if my young women are influenced by me in any way).


Amusing: The other day at the aviary, I was trying to take a picture of this bird. I held my phone up to the fence (the bird was on the log a little farther back at the time), and suddenly the bird flew right at me and tried to attack my phone. It scared me speechless. 

This breed of Australian parrot, called a kea, is sometimes referred to as a "clown" bird or a "naughty" bird. There are hilarious stories of what these birds do - everything from stealing GoPros to hiding in backpacks. 



Amusing: The other day I threw away a couple of eclairs and realized I'd set up the perfect George Constanza scenario. If I'd done it a month ago, Scotty totally would have taken the eclairs out of the garbage can and eaten them, but he's been eating healthier lately, so the eclairs actually made it out with the trash.



Amusing: A pair of my sunglasses got stuck under the console in the van, and I can't get them out! Sometimes when I look at them, I feel like I'm being spied on. 

Pardon the dirty floor


Amusing: I found a lady bug on my pants while I was sitting outside on Easter. 



Amusing: This meme makes me laugh every darn time. 



Happy: In March I planted some peas, onions, cilantro, and sunflowers in the garden. They are all growing! 


Happy: I now have a variety of bulbs blooming in the west gargoyle throne. The east one is getting closer, but it has a lot more shade, so we'll see how things turn out over there. I'm keeping so many things alive right now! No pressure. 


No comments: