Sunday, April 3, 2022

Currently {April 2022 Edition}

 Reading:


Wearing: black pants and a black and white striped shirt with Scotty's socks because mine are all dirty.

Struggling with: a hardened heart. There are a few things I need to get over, and I’m feeling quite resistant.

Annoyed by: a cut on my finger that's not really bad, but because of the type of cut, it gets snagged on everything, so I have to keep it covered with a bandaid, and I feel like I can't use my finger. 


And... by way of information... on the same day I got the cut, I was sitting under a tree and a bird pooped, and it landed in between my fingers (the photo above shows my bandaid-ed finger and the yellow bird poo).

Excited about: a little adventure I'm going on with my friend Lynsie this week. 

Listening to: 



Thinking about: a future career as a welder. We keep breaking stuff and saying, "We could weld it," only we don't have a welder, so maybe I should invest in one and become a welder!

Trying: Starlight Coke. 


It says it's space flavored, and I gotta be honest, I wanna know what space tastes like.

(Apparently space tastes like Coke with an aftertaste of scented candle).

Looking forward to: April 11 when my kids go back to school after spring break. 

Watching: Jurassic Park with my kids (but giving Eva and Zoe melatonin so they fall asleep before it gets too scary). This is how it's going:

Wanting: to escape society for a week and have a good reset. Phone off. Just food and books and naps. I haven't decided if my family gets to be there or not. Part of me wants them to reset, too. The other part wants to get away from them... in this hypothetical escape. 

Eating: hamburgers and potato salad for a General Conference BBQ and boxing match.

Conference Boxing - it's a thing

Missing: the early 2000's. I've officially become an old person who longs for an era of the past and thinks everything was better then.

"Back in my day..." 

Scared of: getting my hair cut. My hair lady retired, and I haven't done anything with my hair since October. I'm auditioning a new stylist tomorrow, and I can't deal. It's worse than dating. I don't actually know because I never really "dated," but I'm making a guess here. 

Playing: 

Singing: the finale from In the Heights - "The hydrants are open, cool breezes bloooooooowwwww!"

Loving: the versatility of our new couch. We currently have it arranged as "Zoe's Weekend Suite."


Procrastinating: paying a medical bill that will require me to make a phone call and talk to a human.

Proud of myself for: cleaning all my house windows inside and outside over the weekend. 

Wondering: if this is supposed to be a toucan:


Dreading: Easter candy coming into my house. 

Craving: steak. But also pizza from Summit Inn. And salad from Spaghetti Factory. 

Grateful: to be able to eat and drink PAIN FREE!!

Post herpes victory dance











No comments: