Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Goal Check-In #1

Last week I shared 21 things I want to do before 2021. Here's how I'm doing so far:

1. No soda for the rest of the year.

So far so good. I haven't had soda since Labor Day.

2. Finish reading Jesus the Christ

On chapter 13.  

3. Try 10 new recipes. 

I've tried 2 so far and have a third lined up for tonight's dinner. 

The first was this pressure cooker mac & cheese

I think maybe mac & cheese just isn't my thing. The only recipe I have really ever liked is Pioneer Woman's with added bread crumbs, and even then, I can only handle a little bit. 

The other recipe I tried was this gluten-free fried zucchini, which we loved!  


Tonight we're trying this pumpkin baked oatmeal, and tomorrow we are trying this mango curry (I can already predict what my kids will think of it).

4. Get a haircut. Done!

5. Don't eat out for a month. 

Haven't eaten out since Jimmy Johns on September 30. I'm permitted to go out to eat by invitation, though, so I'm eating out with Christie today. 

6. Finish the closet doors in the basement.

I should amend this to say "make Scotty" finish the closet doors in the basement. He is currently building the second set of doors, then I'll stain them, and he'll hang them. 

7. Get the door hung on the storage room.

"Make Scotty" (but I will paint it).

8. Hang the closet doors in the kids' bedrooms.

"Make Scotty" (but I will paint them).

9. Weigh less on December 31 than I weigh today.

I don't routinely weigh myself, so I probably won't intentionally check my weight until December 31, but I have to go to the doctor next week, so I'll get a sneak peek. 

10. Walk 250 miles. 

So far I'm at 24. I'm only tracking "going for walks" and not my daily steps, so I have to do it with intention. 

11. Do 2,000 push-ups.

176. 

I'm so much weaker than I thought, so I'm allowing the first 500 on knees, then after that, I need to get up on my toes. I might amend this depending on how my arms are after the 500. I feel like something is wrong with my elbow, and if that's not feeling better after 500, I might have to stay on my knees. 

12. Do a DI run.

I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday and a huge pile of stuff in my garage ready to go.

13. Clean out the garden. Done!

14. Try something new. Done!

15. Finish 9 books.

I haven't finished any so far, but I have a few in progress.  Our county libraries finally opened on September 21. I've been twice now, and it just feels amazing!

Also, I lost two children's books during COVID, and they kindly waived the fees (I didn't even ask them to!)

16. Clean out the box of junk that's been sitting on the window seat in my bedroom since July. Done!

17. Go to the doctor. Done!

18. Complete a study of temple symbols.

In progress. 

19. Buy a dishwasher.

20. Finish a self-reliance class. 

21. Hang the sign over the washer and dryer that's been sitting on the floor for two months. 

It's still sitting there. But I've got time. 

No comments: