Saturday, October 3, 2020

20 Things About Me That May or May Not Be Weird

1. I yell "Eagle" every time I go down a hill on Splash Mountain. 

2. I wash my feet every night before I go to bed.  

3. I want to be a mascot

4. I don't own any flat sheets. My kids probably don't even know what flat sheets are. 

5. I make a clicking sound in the back of my throat when I'm tired or when I am singing a song in my head (it's my metronome).

6. The song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" gives me anxiety

7. I like the sensation of my nostrils being stretched.

8. I like putting rose petals up my nose and shooting them out. 

9. And while I'm on the topic of noses, I might as well tell you that my nose is very pliable. I can squish it and stretch it all over the place (this is the exact opposite of Scotty's nose which is very firm, bony, and immobile).

10. I really hate koi fish and most sea creatures. I find them repulsive.  

11. I've always had a secret desire to eat the food other people have left behind at restaurants. Free appetizers? Yes, please! 

(I've never done it. Calm down!)

12. Two of my favorite smells are Cabbage Patch Dolls and the exhaust fumes from old Volkswagens. 

13. I want to adopt Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and Britney Spears. I want to mother them and nurture the heck out of them. Even though Britney is older than me...

14. I put all the silverware in the dishwasher prong/scoop-up except for sharp knives. I don't feel like they get clean otherwise, and I don't like not being able to see what they are.  

15. I like to catch bubbles on my tongue. When I was a nursery leader, I taught all the kids to do it. The parents weren't super thrilled about it. 

16. I have trypophobia, and I have been so happy since I discovered the word for it! I never knew how to explain this weird reaction I've had my whole life. 

17. I just recently learned how to pronounce "croissant" in English. I only knew how to say it in French, which would make a lot more sense if I were, in fact, French.

18. I'm brilliant at opening Otter Pops with my teeth. 

19. I have "voice crushes" - people whose voices sound lovely to me, and I want them to read me books or sing me songs. 

20. I watch everything with closed captioning.

No comments: