Tuesday, April 2, 2019

50 Questions Answered

(Because I know you lay awake at night wondering...)

Do you prefer writing with black or blue ink?

I'm cool with either. For me, it's more about how the ink flows from the pen rather than the color.

Would you prefer to live in the city or the country?

I prefer the suburbs. The city is too busy and too claustrophobic for me, and while there are many things I love about the country, I really like being only a few minutes away from the freeway, the library, and the grocery store.

If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?

I would love to learn how to do a podcast or make decent quality videos to post online.

I also wouldn't mind being able to play the fiddle or harmonica (more than 'O Susanna,' which I've been rockin' since I was like five. Time to branch out).  Carrie Underwood played the harmonica at her last concert we went to, and I was like, "WHY HAVEN'T I EVER LEARNED TO PLAY THE HARMONICA?" Actually, any instrument would be cool. I'm pretty much musically useless.

Carrie Underwood concert

Do you drink your tea or coffee with sugar?

I don't drink coffee or tea. Except herbal, but I don't add sugar. Do people add sugar to herbal tea or is that just a black tea thing? I know as much about tea as I do about musical instruments.

What was your favorite book as a child?

The Cay by Theodore Taylor and Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn

Do you prefer baths or showers?

Showers. I don't have the patience for baths.

If you could be a mythical creature, which would you choose?

I've never in my life considered the possibility of being a mythical creature, so I feel very unprepared to answer this question.

How about a yeti?



Do you prefer reading paper or electronic books?

I fine with either one.

What is your favorite item of clothing?

Sweatpants and hoodies.

Do you like your name? Would you ever change it?

I don't love the name Brittany. It's a bratty name. There's never a nice girl named Brittany in any movie, book, or TV show. Brittanys are always the mean girls, and they always have friends named Ashley, which of course, was my best friend's name in kindergarten.

With that said, I wouldn't change it. It's who I am. But if I ever become an author, I might use a pen name because I don't think Brittany is a good author name.

Who is a mentor to you?

I don't really feel like I have a mentor in my current circumstances - I'm just not doing anything right now that puts me under someone's wing - but in past years one of my biggest mentors has probably been my friend Annette. Others have been my third grade teacher, Mrs. Patterson (as well as many other teachers - I have had the most amazing teachers throughout my life) and my mother-in-law.

Would you ever want to be famous? If so, what for?

Heck no!

I never want to be famous. But if I ever accidentally am, I hope it's for making the world suck less. And every darn person out there better like me!

Are you a restless sleeper?

Only if I'm sick or going through something really awful. Otherwise I sleep okay.

Do you consider yourself a romantic?

Nope.

Which element best represents you?

Neon.



Because sometimes I'm cool and other times I'm totally not.

Who do you want to be closer to?

Um... I don't know. I'm not great at being close to people.

But there's this girl I see everywhere, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be friends. So I'll go with that girl.

I'm only a little creepy.

Do you miss someone at the moment?

Yes. Old friends, loved ones who have passed on, and family members who have grown distant.

Tell about an early childhood memory.

One time my dad ate shrimp with the shell on, and I overheard him telling someone that he didn't know he was supposed to take the shell off. I cried for a really long time because I thought he was going to die. That's when my dad sat me down and taught me about the digestive system.

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?

There was this one time my mother-in-law wanted to make some authentic pioneer food, so she got this recipe for some kind of gelatinous substance made from boiled pig ears. I helped make it, but I didn't eat any.

I haven't had a lot of strange food in my life, so probably just escargots and a burger with peanut butter on it.

What can you see outside your bedroom window?

A tree, my front yard, the road, and my neighbor's house across the street.

What are you most thankful for?

I think I'm obligated to say my family, which is true. But aside from that obvious answer, my mind.

Do you like spicy food?

A little bit of spice is okay.

Have you ever met someone famous?

We hang out with Larry the Cable Guy and Alfonso Ribiero every now and then.

Do you keep a journal?

Yes, I do. For the most part, my blog serves as my journal, but I also have a private journal that I write in a few times a year.

Do you prefer to use pen or pencil?

Pen.

What is your zodiac sign?

Capricorn.

Do you like your cereal crunchy or soggy?

Crunchy. Scotty likes his soggy and will pour a bowl of cereal and then go take a shower while it sits.


What would you want your legacy to be?

As long as the positive outweighs the negative, I'm good.

Do you like reading? What was the last thing you read?

Do I like reading? C'mon!

Of course I like reading! The last thing I read was Silent Souls Weeping by Jane Clayson Johnson. I cried through the whole thing.



How do you show people you love them?

I feed them.

Do you like ice in your drinks?

I like ice in my water and in my fountain drinks. I don't like adding ice to soda poured from a 2 liter bottle, and it's my pet peeve when 2 liters are served room temperature at a party. However, that's a problem of the past because I quit drinking soda.

What are you afraid of?

Injuring myself as I sit down on a loose toilet seat.

I'm not even kidding.

What is your favorite scent?

Cabbage Patch doll. Someone please validate me here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If not, go buy yourself a Cabbage Patch doll and sniff it.

Do you address older people by their first or last name?

Usually I call them by their first names unless it's in a church situation in which I refer to them as Brother or Sister So-and-So.

If money wasn't a factor, how would you live your life?

For the most part, I hope I'd live the same way I'm living now. I don't want to be defined or changed by money.

I'd definitely hire someone to finish my basement, though, and I'd randomly pay for other people's groceries. I've always wanted to do that!

Do you prefer swimming in pools or in the ocean?

Neither. I don't like swimming.

What would you do if you found $50 on the ground?

Girls' night at Moochie's for me and three friends!

Have you ever seen a shooting star? 

Sure!

What is one thing you want to teach your children?

Self-reliance. I love my kids, but my ultimate goal is for them to move out of my house.

If you had to have a tattoo, what would it be and where would it be?



Something Robin Hood-ish. How about Oo de Lally and an arrow on my forearm?



What can you hear right now?

Four children not sleeping.

Where do you feel the safest?

At home.

What is one thing you want to overcome?


Just one? Oh good grief. I guess I should start with my tendency to be very easily annoyed.

If you could travel back to any era, which would you choose?

The 90's.

What is your most used emoji?


I use about a thousand of these a day:

What is your favorite season?

Fall. It's always a relief to be able to wear pants again after a summer of looking very unattractive in knee-length shorts.

How would you spend your ideal day?

An ideal day day for me right now would be a day without my kids fighting. I don't care how I spend it. I'd scrub toilets all day! Just make my kids get along!

Describe yourself using one word.

Punctual.

What do you regret the most?

I regret not treating my body better when I was young.

Invent your own word. What does it mean?

My step-sister and I invented the word "daduntdadunts." It means underwear.

You're welcome.


3 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

Seriously enjoyed this! I thought you would have preferred baths... and been opinionated about pen color... But now I know better!

JJ said...

Lol at your tattoo. I think if you any time I see anything to do with Robin Hood.

Mama B said...

I'm getting caught up on your blog after a long time away. I know the cabbage patch doll smell you're talking about. Those dolls have had that smell as long as I can remember.