Thursday, March 7, 2019

It's almost the weekend (and ten other random facts)

Fact #1: I'm feeling really warm and fuzzy today.

I kind of want to go out and hug people and stuff.


Fact #2: I'm not sure what brought this about. It isn't my norm. I mean, I think I'm pleasant enough... 75% of the time... but today I feel like the world is a beautiful place, full of amazing people, and I want to go out and love them all.

(It won't take much to change my mind, so maybe I should just turn off my Wifi and spend the day inside singing primary songs and thinking the best of people).

Fact #3: It's a little rainy today. One of my dreams is to keep a stash of umbrellas in my van so I can pass them through my window to people out walking in the rain (or throw them as I drive by, depending on traffic). Every time it rains, I think, "Dang it! I need a bucket of umbrellas!" On rare occasions, Dollar Tree has umbrellas. I vow to stock up next time I see them. Until then, every person I pass is a reminder of my unfulfilled dream.

Fact #4: I don't want to get ahead of myself - because it's only Thursday - but I've been a decent mom this week. If I perform at this level regularly, my kids might turn out okay. They might even start to think I love them! Oh, I've still yelled spoken firmly a lot, but I don't feel like I'm completely failing this week. That's a nice way to feel. Can I bottle some of that?

Fact #5: Something weird happened this week. I got sick of reading!

It's true. I was reading a book, and suddenly I thought, "I'm sick of this!" and I haven't read since!

Fact #6: I had to convince myself that it's okay to take a break. I don't have to finish a book this week. I can go several days and not read, and it will be okay.

(That's a bizarre thing to have to coach myself through).

Fact #7: Scotty's Brocation was last week, and it was a great success! This was the fourth year they've gone. We've always joked about getting them matching t-shirts. This year they did it, and it was awesome!


"Let's get matching Disney shirts!"
 -said no dad ever

Fact #8: Yesterday, not one but TWO sets of tiny scissors arrived in the mail. I'm now officially covered for all of my straw needs... 

Fact #9: ...until the day I go to a high security event, and they check my bag and take my scissors, and then I go to the concessions stand and end up with a six foot straw in my 12 oz. drink.

Fact #10: I guess that makes me even more fortunate to have TWO! Cause I don't think I'm getting the confiscated ones back. Just planning ahead. 

(Thanks, Amber!)


2 comments:

love.joy.lane said...

The shirts... 😂♥️😂

Anonymous said...

I want some of those good feelings. I hate the world right now.