Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It Ain't Over Yet

The forecast for today included snow. I was hoping it would be a mild skiff - the kind that melts by noon, but oh boy! This ain't no skiff. Scotty left for work early because he had a meeting at 8:00, and he wanted to make sure he was there on time (spoiler alert... it got canceled). He shoveled before he left (6:40).

I wanted to leave early to get the kids to school, and when we went outside at 8:00, there was no sign of Scotty having shoveled, and traffic was backed up on the street next to our house. When cars are lined up next to my house, I know we're not getting anywhere, so I ordered all the kids back in the house.

I blame Scotty.

Last week he "summer"-ized our snow blower, and while he was doing it, I was stewing inside. I knew he was jinxing us. We always have late snow storms. In fact, I'll be surprised if today is the last. It's not uncommon for a big April snowstorm.

Here's April 17, 2018:



But wait! Here's May 17, 2017:


So technically, Utahns shouldn't even think about putting their snow blowers away until June. 

I don't care for these late-winter/early-spring snowstorms, but I know they happen, so I try to keep my cool. If I start to get upset about the snow, I just think of my friend Rachael in Minnesota where they've had 8 snow days in the past month, and it's been as low as -29°.



1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

It's crazy to me how you have tons of snow today and we have nothing at my house.