Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Fall, Y'all!

I love Fall!

This morning after I dropped my kids off at school I went for a short walk. I like taking some time - whenever possible - to be outside in the cool air, get a little exercise, and listen to an audiobook or podcast. It's good for my soul.

Here it is... November. I think it's one of my favorite months.

This morning on my walk, I was very attentive to the leaves. Winter is chasing us, right now, and it will catch us any moment. We've hit the point where there's a noticeable difference each day as the leaves continue to change and break away from their branches. We're in our last moments of this glorious season. There has been a splendid array of fall foliage in the valley this year. So many reds, oranges, and yellows! Every day there are more leaves on the ground and fewer on the trees.

Many of the leaves have fallen so recently that they still have their vivid colors. There were scatterings of red on my walk today with the most beautiful shapes and rippled edges. I'm constantly in awe at this feature of nature. It's incredible!

This past Sunday we arrived home from a trip to Star Valley. Everyone was in desperate need of a shower, but we postponed our hygiene while we went to visit Scotty's mom. The weather was gorgeous so we went out in the backyard. The kids started piling leaves at the bottom of the slide, and pretty soon, we had a full-fledged leaf party.

Then Scotty suggested that we go to the church up the street and make a big pile of leaves. The kids had a blast, and everyone had dead leaves in their hair and underwear. Even Grandma. Good thing we post-poned those baths!

One thing about Fall - if you're not willing to be a little spontaneous, you might miss out.

Leaves

1 comment:

Jana Lyn said...

Leaf jumping (and throwing) is so fun and I love seeing pure joy in the faces of all involved!