Thursday, November 15, 2018

I really need to wash all the dry shampoo out of my hair {and ten other random facts}

Fact #1: My kids still haven't adjusted to the time change. They are slowly killing me with their 6:05 wakings. I like getting up early, but I don't like getting up early to be a parent. I want a good hour of "no kid" time before I have to worry about people obeying me.

Fact #2: My kids fight like animals having their territory threatened by a predator 80% of the time, and lucky me, it starts by 6:07 a.m.

But...

Fact #3: Each day when Zoe is at kindergarten, Eva tells me she misses her. Then after we get home from picking up Zoe, she and Eva have a tea party before they try to tear off each other's faces.

Tea Party

It's very tender.

Fact #4: Yesterday my son learned how to mummify a chicken at school.

Fact #5: On the list of life skills I want my children to have, mummifying chickens is definitely top ten worthy.

Fact #6: Zoe has an interesting story she tells everyone about how we got Eva. It goes like this:

Once upon a time, my dad went for a walk, and he found a baby on the side of the road, and he brought her home, and we named her Eva.

She has told this story for as long as she has been able to speak. I don't know where she came up with it, but she's serious - she thinks we found Eva on the side of the road.

Fact #7: Nicky's daily outfit for school consists of a Hawaiian shirt and gym shorts. He never wears a jacket or coat, but this week he told me he wanted to "try" wearing a hoodie, just to see what hoodies are all about. Everyday this week he has gotten tangled up in his hoodie while putting it on, and I've had to rescue him.

The kid can make a toilet paper launcher out of a leaf blower, but he can't put on a hoodie.

Fact #8: Apparently the hoodie has "complicated pockets." Nicky has about ten other hoodies he can choose from (thanks to my little brother's DI pile), but he's set on wearing that specific one.

Fact #9: One of Nicky's concerns with wearing hoodies is that people won't know he's wearing a Hawaiian shirt. I recommended that he wear a zip-up hoodie so he has the option of leaving it unzipped to reveal his Hawaiian shirt underneath (and as a bonus, he might even be able to put it on without getting stuck!) He still insists on wearing the "complicated" hoodie.

Fact #10: Nicky is so well-known for his Hawaiian shirts that his teacher sends me links to good deals on them when she sees them. It is because of his teacher that Nicky now owns a Christmas Hawaiian shirt, which I told him he can't wear until after Thanksgiving. He's planning on wearing it to my sister-in-law's beach wedding.

No comments: