Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween Things

I release the biggest sigh of relief when Halloween is over. I was so excited to throw away the jack 'o lanterns on my porch yesterday (how exciting that garbage day coincided with the day after Halloween - it was perfect!)

I suffer from major Halloween anxiety. Well, to be honest, I have really bad anxiety about all holidays, but Halloween is one of the hardest.

Ahhhhhhhhh! It's over!

Now I just need to deal with the candy problem.

As you may recall, I typically dress up in sketch comedy inspired Halloween costumes. It's a lot of fun, but also really stupid because no one ever knows what I'm supposed to be, and I spend all of Halloween explaining myself.

Untitled
{2017 - Camp Winnipesaukee a la Jimmy Fallon}

Ew!
{2016 - Sara with no 'H' a la Jimmy Fallon}

Lunch Lady
{2010 - Lunch Lady a la Chris Farley on SNL}

Did Somebody Say Plastic Sur-Ger-YYYY?
{2009 - breast implant a la Justin Timberlake on SNL}

Halloween 2008 
{2008 - Mary Katherine Gallagher a la Molly Shannon on SNL}

 This year, as a nod to Will Ferrell, I was Little Debbie.

Halloween
{2018 - Little Debbie a la Will Ferrell on Jimmy Fallon}

I think everyone thought I was just a fat pioneer. 

Whatever. 

It's cool.

Scotty invested in a vibrant orange wig so he could be Ron Weasley.

Halloween

Nicky wanted to be Cheerios. I don't know where he came up with that, but he was persistent, so I made him a Cheerios costume. 

Cheerios

Daisy was a unicorn, Zoe was a wiener dog, and Eva was a dragon but changed into a cat at the last minute (as three-year-olds are known to do).

We went to 5,001 Halloween events and consumed 12 tons of candy, so I'm definitely going to need some turkey and mashed potatoes soon to reset my system.

Cue Thanksgiving anxiety.


No comments: