Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Currently {May 2018 Edition}

Reading: The Hideaway by Laura K. Denton and The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I am also half way though Gilead by Marilynne Robinson, and I just can't get myself to finish it, but I have to because it's for my book group, and not finishing it would be the ultimate betrayal! (Becky? Amy? Please convince me to get going on this!)

Watching: Gilmore Girls still. I've reached what I call my "point of frustration" in the series, and I really want to give each of the characters therapy.

{How I feel about the ER}
Wanting: a diagnosis. Last week a sharp pain started in my lower right abdomen. I've seen four doctors. I've done three urine tests, three round of blood work, two ultrasounds, and a CT scan, and they haven't yet found the cause. I have no other symptoms - just pain. Over the weekend it was excruciating. So far this week, it's been tolerable. Thank heavens.

Craving: nothing.

That's not like me. What's happening here?

Wearing: sleepwear. It's 6:30 in the morning, and I've been up since 5:00 trying to be quiet.

Singing: "Can't Stop the Feeling." Yesterday my friend told me she hates that song, and it's been in my head ever since.

Relieved by: the Jordan River Temple finally opening next week.

Stressing about: the entire month of May. May is always crazy, but this May is especially crazy.

Neglecting: our garden. We are still trying to get our garden cleaned up, but we never have time. I planted two garden boxes last week, but that's only 1/4 of our garden.

Feeling: a little uptight, angry, and opinionated... which is exactly how I felt last month, too.

Buying: milk. I went to the grocery store a few days ago and then forgot to bring our groceries inside for two hours. It's a little sour.

Trying: to explain to my son (who sitting next to me reading family history - as all 11-year-old boys are prone to doing at 6:30 in the morning) that Prussia was a real place and not a typo.

Missing: having a cat. I don't want another cat (we have too many pets as it is, and my husband and three-year-old are trying to convince me that we need a snake), but I miss the Colonel and his wee beady eyes.

Proud of: Zoe and how much she has progressed in the past six months. Her speech is amazing now - - there are just a few sounds she struggles with, but we rarely misunderstand her anymore. Her social emotional skills have gone from below average to above average, and she has just blossomed recently. It's been amazing to watch. I have her IEP meeting next week, so we'll decide what she needs as she moves in to kindergarten.

I am also proud of Eva for... dare I say it... potty training! About two weeks ago, she took the lead, and now she is day time potty trained. I'm not sure when she'll ever be night time potty trained (considering her diaper weighs ten pounds every morning), but I'll take it!

Excited to: have my kids out of school for the summer. I never thought I'd say that, but I'm actually looking forward to having them home for a few months.

(Seriously, who am I?)

Frustrated with: soooo  many things. I can't even tell you.

Burdened by: mucus. I have a sinus infection. I'll spare you the details.

Looking forward to: going camping in a few weeks. Assuming I can. Portions of my life are on hold until my abdomen pain is resolved.

Thankful for: my home.







No comments: