Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Welcome to Draft Week

Today I looked back through my draft folder - the place where blog posts go to die. I found several posts I never finished. The three most frequent reasons I don't finish posts are:

1. I start writing and then get distracted by something else (usually my kids)
2. I notice that I am whining or complaining
3. I start a post and realize I don't know where I'm going (conclusions have always been hard for me)

Since there are so many posts I've never finished, I decided to establish this week as "Draft Week."* 

This week I'm setting a goal to get at least four posts from my draft folder published, even if they aren't "finished."

It's the blogging equivalent of cleaning my kids' rooms and taking all their junk to DI.


*Despite how it sounds, it has nothing to do with the military or the NFL. 


No comments: