Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wherein I Give You Homework

About two hours ago, I completed my last final for the semester.

(Insert sigh of relief here).

I'm now (kind of) in my last semester. I am doing an internship, which I have (kind of) already started, and I'll be taking two more classes starting next week.

This is good news for you, dear readers, because that means we are quickly approaching the days were I might post less about school.

Anyway... now that I'm done with my practicum, I have lots of things I want to write about. There's a post looming in my mind, but I'm not ready to write it yet.

Spoiler alert: It's about strengths.

And I've never done this before, but I have a homework assignment for you, but only if you're interested.

Visit the Authentic Happiness web site from the University of Pennsylvania, and complete the VIA Survey of Character Strengths. There is a little caveat - you will need to register and agree for your responses to be used in research to take the survey. Once you register, you will be able to do any of the questionnaires on the site for free (there are different web sites where you can take this survey, but I'm suggesting this one because it's the one my school recommends).

The survey is quite thorough, so it takes 20-30 minutes to complete. You will find that some of the questions seem redundant. Don't be annoyed by it. That's what makes it thorough.

I first took this survey in 2014. I took it again last night. My strengths have changed a little bit in the past three years. Or maybe I am just more in tune with my strengths. But interestingly, my top strength remains the same.

I'll share my strengths with you when I write the aforementioned post.

Let me know if you do the survey. I would love to hear what your top five strengths are!




1 comment:

KaLee said...

This survey was fascinating. I was enthralled with the questions that I felt super strongly about and those that a wavered a bit in my answers. My top 5 strengths are: 1. Spirituality, sense of purpose and faith. 2. Industry, diligence and perseverance. 3. Honesty, authenticity and genuineness. 4. Capacity to love and be loved. 5. Perspective wisdom

The first two are spot on. Exactly what most people would say about me (I think). The other three were a bit of a surprise to me.