Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Currently {April 2017 Edition}

Reading: Peacful Parent, Happy Siblings by Dr. Laura Markham, The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (for the second time), and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (for the sixth time, but listening on Overdrive this time).

Watching: Home Fires

Procrastinating: Two teacher appreciation posters and a pinewood derby car.

Wanting: Some comfortable shorts. I've given up hope that such a thing exists.

Craving: Productivity. Normally I reserve this spot for food stuffs, but I really just need to get some stuff done and revel in the satisfaction.

Wearing: An Aeropostale t-shirt that I got from my brother's DI pile, and a pair of too-big jeans. Oh! And my shoes are from my brother's DI pile, too. Good heavens. Is this what I've become?

Relieved by: Eva having an ear infection. It's just good to know that there has been a reason for her difficulty the past few weeks.

Stressing about: All the things.

Missing: Some of the comforts of Scotty's old job - occasional Fridays off and PTO. There are definitely things I don't miss about the old job, but I sure saw my husband a lot more when he worked five times further from home.

Excited to: Go on some small vacations in the next few months. We will spend more time in Idaho this summer than we have in the entirety of my life.

Neglecting: My hair. Every time I get a trim, I promise to comeback in 8 weeks. Only once in my adult life have I gone back within three months.

Thankful for: My mind.

Looking forward to: Going to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point with friends this weekend. There will be no kids! No kids! Eep!





No comments: